Illusions

Chapter 35

I shivered on the floor my eyes closed as I tried to maintain my reality. I no longer moved trying to seek any warmth in the room. It wasn't designed for it. My nude body had long gone numb from the metal floor and I found staying curled up in one spot was all the warmth I was going to receive. The shiny box they held me captive was designed to break me and the will of my wolf.

At the moment I was being exposed to extreme coldness, but with a flip of a switch it could change. The metal floor that was frozen to the touch could also be made to sizzle, burning my flesh. When they heat up my tiny metal torture chamber, I am forced to stand on the balls feet to minimize the effects. I would stand for several hours and it wasn't until I collapsed from sheer exhaustion and my body receive third degree burns for another hour; that they turn off the heat.

They would alternate the pattern randomly at first and then come in to interrogate me. Interrogation were always fun. It came with beatings, but never rape. They wanted me to know they would never lowered themselves to touch someone as impure as me. I was a half breed mutt after all. My pale body was littered with fresh and old bruises, cuts, and sores. I was being deprived of my healing properties and it ached to move. I would never give them the satisfaction of knowing how pain I felt. This went on for days, I wasn't sure when they realized I wasn't going to give them anything, so they up the ante.

They started pumping the room with hallucinogenics to try and distort my reality. I wasn't sure what I was seeing was real or imaginary; was I awake or dreaming? It was hard to determine if I was dreaming. Pain was the only thing that would snap me out of one of dream roll. I would have full blown conversation with people I knew, at first it started with Bernie and Peyton, and then some others I befriended at the council. Now the conversation had sped forward and I was interacting with Celeste, Caden, Colin and even Creed. I willed myself to move my hand to try and focus and differentiate between the real world and the dream world. When the conversation started to lean towards the location of the tape I would try one of techniques to determine what state I was in. I believe for the most part, I was able to tell, but it was getting harder and harder with each passing conversation.

I tried reaching out to Creed through our bond, but to no avail. Wherever I was being held, it was able to sever the link to the outside world. It also was able to keep my wolf dormant. I was alone; a helpless, weak human that everyone always accused me of. It was all true now being trapped in this place. I prayed to the moon goddess that Bernie had gotten my letter and Creed heed my advice to not look for me. That man was stubborn of course he was looking for me.

"Eva? Is that you? Oh my god what did they do you?" Creed picked me up off the floor and cradle me into his chest. My body was so numb that I couldn't even feel the heat from his body, which I so desperately need.

"Creed is it really you or am I dreaming?" I reached up slowly to trace his jaw line. I held my body away from his to get a good look.

"It's me. I'm here to rescue you. Eva, I can't link with your wolf, what did they do?"

"It's okay, I think she is being suppressed somehow." My voice was hoarse and croaked at the end. Sighing, I collapsed in his arms.

"I thought I was never going to find you. But everything is finished." He buried his nose into my neck and inhaled.

"What do you mean?" I mumbled into his chest.

"We got him. Carson is going down thanks to your message about the tape."

I laughed and cried at the same time. My heart lighter at the news that Carson was no longer a threat to any of us. "I'm glad Bernie found you. I knew leaving it in Colorado was the right thing to do. I can't believe you figured out the clue."

"Of course I did, babe you are my mate."

"Ah so you dropped that disgusting pet name, I see."

"Yeah, I'm giving you a break. I can't believe how easy that clue was."

"You know what, I know you are dying to call me that blasted name, so go ahead. But know this is the only time I will allow you to use it."

"No it's okay. I'm taking it easy on you."

"I insist. Go ahead." I closed my eyes and waited for the dreaded words, sweet cheeks. Silence greeted me and Creed was no longer holding me. I frantically searched around me but the room was empty. "Creed? Where are you?"

The door suddenly slammed open, the sound vibrated through the metal room. That is when I realized that I was lying curled up in a ball, my body shivering. I weakly lifted my head and stared at the gloating eyes of Carson.

He threw a bundle of clothes at my body. "Get dressed it seems that we have a plane to catch to Colorado. I knew you would break!"

Fuck me. It was all just a hallucination. They may have a location, but there was no way hell I was going to tell them everything. I cursed myself for falling for that ruse. I struggle to get the clothes on, but was too weak to even sit up. Two women guards enter the room and yanked me up roughly and dressed me quickly. I couldn't even bear weight on my legs and I was being held up in the middle of the women and they walked dragged me out of the room. They unceremoniously dumped on a couch in another room, as my body shook uncontrollably. The heat was not soaking into my pores fast enough. I was still numb; the only thing I could feel was the movement of my eyes and then cotton taste in my mouth. I couldn't remember the last time I had something to eat or drink. I know that depriving me of nutrients, made the hallucinations come on faster and stronger.

Carson entered the room flanked by some of his flunkies. "I have to give it to you Eva, you are one tough bitch. Everyone we put through the chamber broke within two days, but you? You lasted a week, I see why you are highly regarded. It's a shame I have to kill you. You would have been a great asset on my team. But alas, I can't have half breeds on my side."

"D-Don't flatter y-yourself. I wouldn't join your t-team if my life depended o-on it!" My teeth chattered as I  spat venom at Carson and he had the nerve to laugh at me.

"It doesn't matter anyway." Carson shrugged motioning for one of the guys forward.

"Sir the car is here."

"Good, get her into it." Carson left the room quickly and left me at the mercy of the newcomer. I was still feeling the effects and not able to move on my own volition. I was helpless to the people around me, and I hate feeling out of control. I struggle to move any part of my body, but nothing happened.

"Up you go." The man had thrown me over his shoulder and marched out of the house to the car parked out front. I glanced around our surroundings trying to figure out our location. However everything was unfamiliar. "Oops can't forget the most important thing." The guy fumble with something in the front seat. The strong smell of chloroform assaulted my nose and growled as he grinned at me evilly holding a piece of cloth. "Don't want you waking up before we get to our destination."

I bucked backwards in the backseat and tried kicking him off me. My weak attempts did nothing to deter him from leaning over and clamping the soaked cloth over my face until the fumes knocked me out. The last thought that crossed my mind before the darkness consumed me was I hope Bernie got to the locker before we got there.

A/N

OMG!!! Poor Eva!!

Don't forget to vote/comment.

Nicci