Tango

Chapter 31

Rage, betrayal, hope, fear, and helplessness were the emotions that we storming though my body and making me pace back and forth in my room. The emotion that was most prevalent was rage! I picked up the chair that was beside my bed and hurled it at the wall. How dare he mark me! HE MARKED ME! We are now mates and there was no way out.

I had cut off my wolf, because when Creed purred at us through our mindlink I felt my wolf stir and respond to her mate. I needed to keep her under wraps because I fear that she would accept the bond a lot faster than I wanted to.

I roared and started picking up and throwing anything that my hands came into contact and vented out my anger. My foot hit something cold and metal. I reached down to see it was the knife I had at Creed's throat. It was tainted with a smattering of his blood, I didn't cut that deep into his skin. I really wanted to slit his throat. He took away my ability to make the decision if we should be mates.

"Eva open the door, we need to talk." I heard Creed's voice on the other side of the locked door. His voice irritated me again. His voice was the fan to the fire raging inside of me and causing an inferno of violence to ripple through me. I rolled the knife in my hands.

"Go away Creed!"

"Listen, I know you are mad, but once you cool down and think about it, you know it would've happened anyway. We are mates. So I marked you sooner rather than later." No apology? Just suck it up Eva you were dying. My hand tighten on the knife.

"Are you fucking with me right now? I told you that we were never going to be mates, and you took advantage of the situation. You marked me when I couldn't deny you!"

"Eva! Open this damn door or I will break it down." I whooped with laughter at that, come through that door and I will take his head off. He better leave.

"Go away and pack! We have nothing further to discuss!" I warned.

"Eva!" Creed shouted at me. Hell could freeze over before I unlock that door.

"Creed!"

He didn't respond and then the door shook with the force of his kicked. The door splintered and swung open and Creed stood there heaving with anger. I warned him and threw the knife at his head.

Creed duck and looked at me in shock. "Did you just try to kill me?!"

"Don't be a fucking baby! You would have healed! I told you to go away! I don't want to see you right now!" I snarled. I was mad that I missed, not even a scratch! Shit, being a marked bitch was messing with my aim.

"Well that's too bad, because I want to see you." Creed stepped through the threshold, keeping his hand on the door that was hanging off the hinges.

"Creed if you have a brain, I advise you to turn around now, or I will not be liable for my actions." I growled.

"Bring it." Creed growled back as he attempted to slam the door closed, but it didn't. He wanted me to bring it then I will bring it. I launched myself at him and let out all my frustrations and rage on him.

I kicked him in the back as he tried to wrestle with closing the door. The force of my kick sent him and the door that was barely hanging on crashing into the hallway. Creed laid on the floor stunned.

"You told me to bring it, considered it brought! Now go away!" Satisfied that I showed him that I didn't want to talk right now. I turned heading to the closet to grab my clothes that were put back up while I was unconscious.

A growl was my only warning for me to glance over my shoulder to see Creed charging me. I spun and took a few steps towards him and then dropped down as he grabbed for me. Creed hugged air and I slammed into his legs causing him to trip over me and falling over me face first into the floor. Creed slid on the hardwood floor and I jumped on his back fisting a hand full of his hair. I yanked on his hair to jerk his head back before slamming his face into the floor.

"This is for marking me without my permission. You asshole!" I repeated and slammed his head again into the floor. "This is for calling me sweet cheeks! I fucking hate that name!"

I yanked on his hair for a third time but Creed bucked me off and I fell to the side. He was straddling me before I could retaliate. I landed a few punches in his midsection before he pinned my hands in his iron grip. I squirmed and tried bucking him off of me but he used his weight and legs to counteract my movements. I stopped struggling after a few more moments. Creed had a trickle of blood coming from his nose, and I felt a little remorse for attacking him. What the hell am I thinking, he deserved it!

"Are you done? Damn, I know you are pissed at me. I don't care. I would do it again, if it means saving your life. I get it. You wanted to make the choice to accept me as your mate. I took that away from you and I'm sorry. We both know that eventually you would have accepted me, because I was not going to take no for an answer. If I had to follow you to the ends of the earth to make you accept me, I was willing to do that. Hell, Eva I wish under different circumstances I could have given you the time to accept me, accept us as mates. But it didn't work out that way. I know you are mad at me right now. I don't blame you. But what's done is done. We will take this at your pace. But I'm not going anywhere."

I closed my eye to shut off the image of Creed. At least he apologized and acknowledged my feelings. I knew that the more time we spent together the stronger the bond. I listen to every word and I knew logically he was right in marking me. However I don't have to like it. "You're right what's done is done. I have a few conditions."

"I'm listening." Creed responded.

"You need to give me time and space." I bargained.

"I'm not letting you leave me." Creed growled.

"That's not what I mean. I just need time and space to accept that we are mates. No physical contact, no invading my thoughts unless I give you my permission, and no cutesy pet names, like sweet cheeks."

Creed cocked his head to one side giving me a thoughtful stare. "Okay, I will accept everything but the last one, I love calling you cutesy pet names. I would like to also add, that you have to make an effort for us to get to know each other."

"No cutesy name." I repeated.

"Sorry, I'm rather fond of sweet cheeks." I growled. "If I have to give up cutesy names then I will insist on physical contact." Creed countered.

"What you can't compare that!"

"Take it or leave it. Either way it's a win-win for me!" I wanted to wipe that smug look off his face, because he knew I was not ready for us to be intimate.

"Fine, you call me cutesy pet names, but don't go overboard."

"Great sweet cheeks! I'll go pack; see you downstairs." Creed rose off me but I stayed on the floor with my eyes closed. I listened as Creed picked up the broken pieces of the door and placed them on the wall.

I got what I wanted, but I have a feeling that Creed just played me. He probably would have respected my wishes, he just wanted me to agree with him calling me, sweet cheeks. Damn, he was good.

A/N

Hey just a little tango between Creed and Eva, hope you enjoyed it! Ah the love!

Don't forget to vote/comment!

Nicci