Safe house

Chapter 32

"Fi, Fi!" Caden rushed up to me as I stepped outside full steam ahead. Smiling I stretched my arms out to catch the toddler as he leaped into the air. I swung him around a few times and stopped settling him on my hips. Caden cradle my face, "Fi okay? Fi not hurt?"

I was touched that he worried about me. "I'm okay." I tossed him in the air and he screamed with glee. "See I'm not hurt."

"Gin, gin!" Caden shouted for me to toss him in the air again.

"Oh no, Eva needs to take it easy." Creed plucked Caden from my arms and continue tossing him in the air.

"Hey, Creed! I'm fine, I can play with Caden."

"Mate's order, you take it easy." He smiled as he twirled with Caden in a circle and then placing him on top of his shoulders.

"I was fine enough to kick your ass earlier." I grumbled stomping away towards the car.

"Hey, watch your language. And you didn't kick my 'you know what'."

"Whatever." I shrugged.

"Hey I have Celeste and Ky all buckled in. Come on Caden." Colin removed him from Creed's shoulders. "We will see you guys in Vulance." Colin turned towards their car.

We decided to take three cars, two were supposed to head towards Vulance and one was heading to neighboring pack. At least that was the story that Colin had told the pack. We were actually going to wait until we cleared the pack house and switch cars. Myself and Creed were getting into Colin's car and heading to the human city and the other two were going to Vulance. The ones going to Vulance were filled with Colin's most trusted friends and would stake out the town to see if Carson's men show up.

An hour later I was pulling the car into underground parking lot of my safe house in the city. Celeste and Ky had nodded off to sleep and Caden was watching a cartoon on a tablet. Colin and Creed were in the very back of the three seater talking quietly.

"We're here." I announced. The men jump into action waking up the girls and getting Celeste and the kids out of the car. Creed was carrying luggage, Colin had a suitcase and the baby carrier, Celeste was holding Caden's hand, and I had a bag leading the group up to my apartment.

My apartment was a three bedroom and fully stocked with food and weapons. Whenever I do an assignment, I always set up an apartment that is off the books, just in case I have to go off the grid. It was something I had to learn the hard way from a past assignment.

"You will find that the kitchen is fully stock but I don't have any baby food."

"I have plenty. I brought enough supplies to last a few weeks." Celeste informed me.

"The bedrooms are down the hall on your left. My room is the last one on the right, you want to keep little hands out of that room. It has all my weapons in there. If you need to go out, I suggest you use a disguise to be on the safe side. In my room I have some wigs and other things you can use in the closet." I stooped down to one of the lower cabinets in the kitchen and reached inside to peel my emergency bag off the Velcro. "Colin, don't use your phone and no credit cards or anything that can be traced. Here is a burner phone, I will put my number in it. There is also some cash for emergencies."

We were all standing around the kitchen island and I looked up from the items that I pulled out of the bag. Three pairs of eyes stared at me in awe.

Creed cleared his throat and Colin kept switching his gaze from me to the contents on the counter.

"Eva how long have you been doing this? You are very prepared." Celeste questioned me.

"Long enough. Creed and I will take your car, Colin. I pulled out the last thing that was in the bag, a pair of keys. "These are keys to my car downstairs on basement level 2. It's a silver, convertible BMW. Only use it in an emergency."