Temper Tantrums

Chapter 12

The next day I found myself having a stare off contest with a pouting 2 year old. Caden was not going to break me. I've dealt with tougher adversaries and came out on the winning end.

"Fi!" Caden growled.

"No!" I growled back. I had to break Caden's obsession and I chose denying him while we took a walk into the woods away from the pack grounds. I haven't let my wolf out in fear that a pack member would be nearby.

Caden tried to change tactics with big tears cascading down his cheeks. "Pwease, Fi?" Wow I was being manipulated by a 2 year old. I almost laughed and stared at the crying little pup. Okay, two can play this game.

I closed my eyes summoning my own water works and started to cry, "Nooooo." I turned it up by sobbing hysterically almost blowing my cover by the look on Caden's face. He immediately stopped crying his eyes widen with surprise at my outburst.

Caden growled losing the tears quickly, "Fi! Now! Fi! Now! Fi! Fi! Fi!" He threw a little tantrum stomping his feet and then threw his little body on the ground screaming and kicking.

I had enough and left the spoiled brat convulsing on the ground, as I walked further into the woods. I needed more privacy and didn't want any witness, while I put the little brat in his place. I knew without my attention he would stop his tantrum and follow me.

As predicted, Caden followed me screaming 'fi' but I continued to ignore him. Once I felt safe I tapped into my wolf. Within seconds my heightened senses kicked in and I was able to determine that no wolf was near our vicinity. Perfect. I twirled on the 2 year old and gave him my most menacing growl that made grown men think twice about stepping up to me.

Unfortunately Caden didn't react the way I thought. I thought he would stop screaming and become docile and submit to my wolf. Instead Caden stopped his eyes flashed and he quickly growled back making me step back.

What the hell? I eyed the child with disbelief at the audacity that his wolf wasn't submissive. I was a higher ranking wolf and he should've submitted.

"FI!" Caden's demand shook me out of my astonishment. My wolf now wanted his submission. I growled at Caden expecting him to submit only for him to growl back at me. What the fuck is happening. Most kids would have peed on themselves or ran away crying. I know because I've done it plenty of times. Unless..

"Fi now!"

"No, I will not take you flying. Do you hear me? I'm in charge not you! Now shut up and do as you're told." I was losing my patience with Caden. I wanted submission and again he defied me.

"I want to fi! I want to fi! I want to fi!" Caden screamed over and over again. It was apparent that my wolf had no effect on him. Interesting.

"No! You will listen to me you little piece of.." I stopped before cursing at the little boy my wolf sensing trouble coming our way. I dropped down to the level of the maddening little boy gripping his shoulder firmly. "Caden listen to me, a bad man is coming. If you sit down and be quiet, I will take you swimming."

"Take me fi." The little bugger was blackmailing me.

"How old are you? Are you really 2 or a 30 year old man trapped in a pup's body?" Caden gave me his answer quickly while playing with his fingers.

"I two." Caden put up 2 fingers to illustrate how old he was. I was painted in a corner and had little choice but to cave in to his demands just this once.

"Okay, okay. I will take you fi, I mean fly. Now sit down and be quiet."

"Pwomise." Caden look at me with distrust. The fact that he asked me to promise, I knew he did this sort of thing regularly. Caden knew exactly what the word promise meant.