Chapter 23

I woke up to a sharp kick to me side. I gasped and leapt backwards. But I couldn’t move. I was stuck. I was still half asleep and couldn’t see properly, so I squinted and looked up.

‘Fucking finally. The bitch is awake.’ The familiar voice that usually invaded my bad dream’s was here in reality. I cringed. Every breath I took caused pain to explode from every muscle I used. I thought I was hallucinating again. Though this time, there were no spiders. It was the devil himself.

A hand slapped my face and my vision, though blurry before, had now returned. I stared up at the cold menacing face of Drew Matthews. I was sitting on a wooden chair, arms and legs strapped and I couldn’t feel more surreal.

‘Wake up’ he said, his voice slicing the air like a knife. I glared at him, putting every emotion into the stare.

‘Where the hell am I?’ I asked, hoping none of the fear I felt was conveyed in my voice.

‘You’ll talk to me with respect or I’ll punish you. Try that again.’

‘Where the hell am I?’ He slapped my face. The same side. Harder and with more force. Tears automatically formed in my eyes, but I bit my tongue, drawing blood, to stop the tears from escaping.

Then he laughed. A laugh so filled with hate I flinched.

‘It’s a good thing we left you here for so long. You damaged yourself more than I’ll need to.’

I continued to glare, my heart pounding viciously in my chest.

‘Oh and to answer your question. You’re in hell.’

I actually snorted at that. Was he trying to be dramatic or something? Really though? Unfortunately, I had no idea how serious he was.

‘I’ll be so sad to see your spirit break.’ He said, sounding anything from sincere.

‘Where’s your girlfriend’ I asked, pleased to see he winced at the word girlfriend.

‘I’m here’ she said, her eyes not on me but instead staring at Drew. She was standing at the furthest wall which explained why I hadn’t noticed her at first. She was also being deathly silent. More so than usual.

‘What are you going to do with me?’ I asked, hating that I sounded so weak and helpless.

Drew just answered by extending his hand out to be handed something from Lucy. That was when I saw the knife. It was long and shining evilly in the light. I swallowed and started breathing so fast, not enough air was going in.

He came up to me. Crowding me with his nearness and the fact that he wielded a knife, he trailed the weapon across my jaw whispering.

‘So beautiful, even like this’. Tears sprang into my eyes and he smiled sadly. ‘Why won’t you be mine?’

His obsession disgusted me. Even if he looked at me I’d need to wash my body.

I hissed at him and tried to move out of the way. He grabbed my hair holding me into the light. Then slowly, with such precision, he brought the knife up to my face. I swallowed a sob, sure that today I wouldn’t die. I would bear a torture far worse.

Instead of cutting my face, he stepped back. I blew out a breath of relief, though I was certain he was only stalling.

‘You’re famous little boyfriend won’t help you today.’ He said, smiling with his eyes.

‘He’s coming for me. And when he does…he’ll kill you’ I said, meaning every word. He was probably in a blind rage right now and all I wanted to do was find him and comfort him.