Chapter 19

It was 8’O clock and I stood in front of the mirror doing a quick once over. I was nervous, more nervous than I had a right to be. We were just going out to a club and yet I kept pacing around the house. The beautiful surprise Zayn had given me made me melt and tingle and squeal. It was by far the nicest thing anyone had ever done for me. It was a simple but effective way to claim my heart. And boy did he have my heart. It beat for him and only him.

Completely unaware of his intentions I had sauntered up to my room, with him on the other end of the phone. His gruff, controlling manner made me annoyed and, I loathed admitting, maybe a little excited as well. As I walked inside, a beautiful wrapped dress awaited me, with jewellery and even shoes. I was speechless.

Our relationship was definitely not materialistic , but it was the thought behind the gift that almost brought tears to my eyes.

And so standing here in front of the full length mirror, I felt that some fancy make-up was only right to do the dress justice, which I hoped I’d pull off. It only sucked because it was such a fun, girly thing to do and with the absence of Lucy, it felt more prominent.

We used to always do stuff like this together, and I missed what she stood for as a friend, rather than herself. I missed the pampering and the gossiping and the swooning and all the other stuff that came with having a best friend. I had other friends, but somehow it felt hard to trust anyone right now.

Especially with my relationship with Zayn.

I turned my attention to happier thoughts and looked at the gorgeous dress that looked like it cost him a lot of money. I felt somehow inadequate and pretentious wearing it. I couldn’t wait to see Zayn though. Or the expression on his face when he saw me wearing the dress.

It was a short mini dress that was white with lace. The shoes were high heel boots with an intricate pattern on it and the jewellery was simple yet chic, pulling the outfit together. I let my hair fall in waves naturally, down my back. The smoky eye look I had gone for highlighted my eyes nicely and I painted my nails black.

Okay I thought, gulping, the butterflies were officially flying. I stepped away from the mirror and planned to pull on a big faux fur coat and grab a clutch, but Alec had stepped into my room and was now leaning against the door frame.

‘Hot date?’ he asked, waggling his eyebrows.

‘Uh huh. I’m kind of nervous though’

‘This is with Zayn right?’

‘Yeah, why?’ I answered, suspicious about the way he asked the question.

‘No reason, I just want to make sure you’re okay. He’s a nice guy but don’t forget that he is a celebrity. Like big time celebrity. As your brother, I don’t want you to get hurt, but as your friend I want to make sure you’re happy’

‘I am. Definitely. I’ve not been this happy in ages, and it feels so good’ I said and smiled. Walking over to him he wrapped me into his arms and gave me a big hug. Dropping a kiss on my forehead he backed out of the room.

‘You look gorgeous by the way’

I smiled, ‘thanks’. Alec never really complimented me and we usually fought playfully, so it was a nicer softer side of him.

‘Aww, my little sister is all grown up. Not gonna lie, I’m going to keep an eye on that Zayn’ he winked and casually walked out of the room.

Talk about a whirlwind. But then, Alec always had that effect. One minute he was here next minute he could be in another city and I wouldn’t know.

After talking with him, I felt much calmer and even a little giddy. The adrenaline was surging through my veins and when the doorbell rang my tummy only somersaulted a little bit. Not that much.

Preparing myself and doing a last once over, I grabbed everything I needed and sprayed a bit of perfume. Opening the door, my breath caught in my throat and the amazing sight of Zayn Malik. I would never get used to seeing his charming smile greet me. 

‘Hey’ I breathed, and as I took him in, I wonder how star struck I looked. Well he was easily the best looking guy I’d ever seen and when I gave him an appreciative once over, my jaw nearly dropped.

He looked effortless all the time and in the jeans and shirt he was wearing, my mouth went dry and my heart skipped a lot of beats. Surely it was a crime to look this good.

As I got a good look at his lean body, my eyes met his, but instead of him looking back into mine with a look-your-fill, cute smile, he was staring at my outfit. I had completely forgotten to pull on the coat.

‘uh Hi’ he said, but had to try again as his throat was too hoarse. Hmm interesting.

‘Wow, you look amazing’ he said and finally made eye contact. His eyes were deliciously sinful and dark with heat and passion. He began crowding closer and whispered, ‘how about we forget tonight’.

I laughed and nudged him back. ‘I think not. Let’s go, the other’s will be waiting. You look great by the way’ Great was maybe not the best word. Sexy, smouldering, mouth-watering, gorgeous in all capitals, were maybe better adjectives to describe this Adonis in front of me.

‘Fine. If you say so, but the others aren’t coming.’ He said, but he looked a bit concerned.

‘Why not?’ I asked as I pulled on my coat.

‘They are. But I want you to myself tonight. No sharing, just keep that coat on all night baby, I think I’m gonna smash anyone who looks at you’. A primitive part of me experiences a rush of adrenaline and I bite my lip to hide my smile. But he sees and smiles himself.

‘You like that El?’ he asks, his voice going dark and very deep.

‘Maybe a little’ I hold my fingers up and bring the thumb and forefinger together to show the ‘little’ bit.

He groans and his tongue darts out to give my thumb a little lick. ‘You’re going to enjoy this, aren’t you?’

‘Not if you don’t want me to. What would you do if I did?’ I challenged him and he shrugged looking unconcerned. But then he got close. So close I could see his stubble and the flecks of sexy in his eyes.

‘Then I’d have to punish you.’

A thrill ran through me at this darkly seductive game we were playing. I licked my lips, slowly, deliberately and bit down onto my bottom lip hard. He pressed closer into me, backing me against the wall so I could feel the hard length of him. And the harder length of his very aroused member.

‘Why?’ I asked innocently, fluttering my eyelashes and looking up to him.

‘Because you’ve been a bad girl’ he said and within the blink of an eye, his lips came crushing down on mine, bruising and painful. They left a sting and my lips ached yet hungered for his. I drank him in slow, greedy gulps wanting to delay the inevitable.

But unfortunately, it wasn’t to be as an obnoxious and loud beep came from outside. Frustrated Zayn swore under his breath, pulling away as I was left reeling from the after effects of his kissing.

I threaded my hands through his and he led me down the path to reveal a very impatient Harry Styles in the driver’s seat, hand braced to honk the horn again.

‘Hurry up!’ he called. From the dim street lights, I noticed Harry was with Liam, and Niall. Another girl was crammed in the car, and I wandered how much room there would be.

My nerves increased and I began to breathe in shallow short bursts. Zayn gave my hand a squeeze and whispered in my ear, ‘Did you like my gift?’ It was sweet of him to take my mind off my fears.

I looked up at him with a smile in my eyes. ‘I loved it.’

‘More than me?’ he pouted and I resisted the urge not to kiss it off him.

As we entered the car and began driving off I replied, ‘No Zayn. Never more than you’...♥