Chapter 12

Sorry this took so long getting updated, I had a lot on. But now I'm dedictaing free time solely to this. I hope you enjoy this next installment :)

-coral_sunrise

Zayn ~

‘You’ve worked hard today guys, so as of now, the rest of the day is yours’ Joseph explained to the boys crowded round him. Zayn nodded, his mind already planning lunch with Ariella. Missing her already, he turned away from the group.

‘Zayn, mate. Where’re you going?’ came Louis’s shrill voice, breaking Zayn’s thoughts.

‘Huh? Oh right, gonna go find Ariella. Have you seen her?’ he asked, getting suspicious. He gazed around the room but saw no sign of Ariella or Lucy. He paused after scanning. Or Matt as it seems.

‘Not seen her’ Louis shook his head and then put the question to the other band mates. Niall reared up and shook his head while Harry and Louis called out their ‘no’s from the exit door.

Something was wrong, he could feel it in his gut, and the intensity of his fear surprised him. A strange thought popped into his head but he quickly shook it away. Surely not, he thought, it’s too early.

‘It’s fine guys! I’m over here’ Ariella’s husky voice drew his attention and he was pulled to her and the magnetic attraction they shared.

He walked over to her and pulled her into his arms groaning. Now this is where she’s supposed to be. All mine. He smiled into her hair and brought her chin up with his hands.

‘Babe, are you alright?’ he asked. He noticed that her eye makeup was a bit smudged and her eyes themselves were also strained and a bit red. As though she had been crying. Anger seized up but he quelled it. He didn’t want her to see him lose control again. Whoever did this was going to pay. She paled under her tan and he knew she could sense the stiffness in him. Forcing his muscles to relax, he asked ‘Wanna go for lunch now?’.

The look of relief in her face was evident and again he found himself supressing his annoyance. What was she not telling him? He wasn’t going to push it though. He trusted her and she trusted him. Whatever was bothering her she would share with him in her own time.

‘Yes please’ she sighed and snuggled her face in his chest. His arms instantly went around her, pulling her tighter towards him. His beautiful Ariella. She really was gorgeous. With her eyes downcast, he could make out the long lashes fluttering temptingly against high cheek bones and her tempting, made-for-kissing lips that pouted in sweet rose softness. Unable to resist he pressed his lips against hers. Gentle at first, but when her mouth went willing and soft, he stopped a growl escaping his lips.

‘You’re killing me’ he muttered against her lips.

She smiled and teased him, bringing his bottom lip gently between his lips and tugging. He moaned quietly pressing himself deeper and invading with his tongue. God, she tasted like vanilla. He needed more and he needed it now.

‘Babe, we have to stop this. I’m going to lose control. Right here in front of everyone. And you know what’s worse? I won’t even care. Cause I’ll have you’ he whispered, tucking a stray strand of feather soft hair behind her ear. His Ariella.

An emotion that looked like pain flitted through her eyes, so fast he questioned whether he actually saw it or not. But as instantaneously as it occurred, it disappeared.

‘Lunch then?’ she smiled, putting her hand in his. She rested her head against his shoulder.

‘So, where to?’ Zayn asked, eager to please her, ‘Nandos, Wagamamas..?’ he trailed off, listing a dozen other restaurant destinations.

‘Uh uh’ she shook her head. ‘I was thinking something more…um intimate? Is that okay?’ her hesitant and shy gaze lifted to his and he was slammed by her beauty.

‘Sure babe’ his voice came out deeper, and husky. He could only imagine his eyes were dilated as images of just how intimate flitted through his mind. Oh yeah, this was going to be good.

Ariella laughed and poked his stomach. ‘No you silly boy. Just you and me and me and you. Nothing else, I wanna spend time with you’ she smiled.

Flattered and unable to deny her anything, he pulled her into the parking lot. He opened her door, guiding her in and went round into the driver’s seat.

‘How about we go to my Hotel then? We can order room service, maybe watch a movie and chill’ he explained.

Her eyes lit up like blue sapphire globes and he laughed at the joy she gauged from the simple things in life.

‘Yes yes and huge yes! I can’t wait! I am already planning the movies we’re going to watch. Don’t worry, no chick flicks or rom coms, but you better not have an affliction to Disney movies or else You. Are. Dead!’ she exclaimed giggling and squirming in her seat with pleasure He just laughed and realised he was just as excited as she.

‘Fine. Disney works, but no princesses.’ He took her hand in his, ‘Cause I’ve already got one of my own’

She blushed prettily, as he raised her hand to his lips, his stomach doing flips at her nearness. He just wanted to ravish her.

‘You’re such a charmer sometimes, Zayn’ she murmured, staring out the window as he started the car. He couldn’t help but notice a note of wistfulness and longing in her voice. Things were getting to be weirder and weirder. Just as he was about to question her, she gasped in delight and grabbed a handful of his CD’s.

‘Wow’ she whispered, her stare riveted on the stack of CDs in her hands. ‘My man has good taste’ she said, looking up at Zayn beaming.

A thrill went up him from the way she claimed him as ‘her man’. He was feeling all caveman right now, and he wanted to carry her off to his cave and club in hand and sate his impending desire. And he could think of a lotta ways to do that. It just pissed him off that she wasn’t being open with him.

‘I’m glad you like them, love. Choose one and put it on’ he said, eyes unmoving on the road ahead. They were turning onto the main road and would reach the Hotel in about ten minutes. As his eyes were fixed on the road, he missed the tears welling up in Ariella’s eyes or the sad smile she gave.

But he did hear her say, ‘You called me love’. Reaching over, he took her hand in his and gave it a squeeze.

‘Yeah babe’ he sighed, utterly and completely content in that one moment. She squeezed back and he returned his hand to the clutch.

Slipping in a CD, Prince’s Purple Rain came on. He laughed the sound rich and comforting as he said, ‘Ariella?’

‘Hmm’ she answered, gazing up at his face. He laugh died down to a chuckle, and he smiled at her.

‘My girl has good taste.’