Chapter 2

I woke up to the morning light coming in through my window. I groaned and pulled the covers above my head trying to fall back to sleep. With no luck I got out of bed and sat on it. I looked around at the 3 other girls that were in my room, all caking themselves with makeup.

I sighed getting off my bed and opening my small dresser and pulling out my high waisted jeans and my top which was an English flag, I also got out my under garments (I just had to put that). Before I went to the shower I grabbed my black gloves.

When I got out of the shower I observed the cuts that went up both my arms but stopped before they reached my elbow. Ever since Ruby got here I cut, she just made my life a whole heap worse. I slipped my clothes on, tucking my shirt in my high waisted jeans and brushing my straight hair that went to the bottom of my shoulder blades.

When I walked back in the room no one was there so I knew that the adopting people were here no. I flopped myself down on my bed and pulled out my book divergent that I was reading again.

"Ally! Ally!" Katie screamed as she burst in the room. I put the book down and sat up. "Ruby's sick! You can come down!" she squealed excited. I smiled before slipping on my sparkly red hightop converse shoes that my parents sent me for my birthday.

Katie grabbed my wrist and pulled me down stairs with her. When we got down there we saw 5 couples and one man. I ran over with Katie and joined the rest of the orphans.

I never got to come down and talk to the adoptive people because of Ruby and now I finally get to. Not that Ill actually start the conversation, I'm a tad shy.

I heard someone coming down stairs so I turned and saw Ruby. "Shit" I mumbled loud enough for Katie to hear. She saw Ruby too so she pushed me behind a counter and I sat on the floor.

"Okay she's gone" Katie said. I sighed and stood up, one of the adoptive people saw me.

"Well now, he probably thinks I'm weird" I said as we walked around the room.

"That's because you are weird" she said.

"Hey!" I said elbowing her in the ribs.

"Ow" she said and pretended it hurt.

"Ha, I knew you would do this" I heard Ruby's voice from behind me.

I spun around and faced her. I immediately started panicking, I didn't want her to tell the mistress, she'll beat me for lying. "I just came down here for a drink" I lied with a fake smile.

"Whatever" she said smirking before running over to the mistress. I panicked even more as I watched the mistresses eyes shift to me with a grin.

"Crap, what do I do now?" I asked Katie.

She smiled "Get adopted" and then she ran over to the mistress. And started talking to her.

"Are you okay?" a voice said behind me. I turned around revealing a man with blue eyes and dark brown almost black hair.

"Yes!" I said smiling.

"What's your name?" he asked kindly.

"Alison but everyone calls me Ally!" I said excitedly, I can't help it.

He chuckled before saying "Well Alison, my name is Andrew Lincoln. Do you know who I am?" He asked.

"No, but your name sounds familiar." I said still smiling.

He nodded before saying "How old are you Alison?" he asked.

"I'm almost 14" i said bouncing off the heel of my foot. "Do you like pizza?" I asked.

He chuckled "Yes, why do you ask?" he questioned.

"I dunno, I've heard pizza taste nice." I said smiling.

He frowned at me "You've never had pizza?" he asked.

"Nope" I said popping the 'p'

"How many times have you been out of this place?" he asked.

"Umm" I said as I frowned thinking "We get to go out once a year to get new clothes, why?" I asked.

"Just asking" he said shaking his head "it was lovely meeting you Alison, but I need to go fill out some adoption papers" he said smiling before walking away. My smile dropped knowing that I wasn't getting adopted.

Second chappie done, tell me what you think :)

Picture of Ruby ----->>>>