XLIII

Lauren and I slowly walk down the hallway, her hand doesn't leave mine, in fact she tightens her grip as we slowly walk into the living room. Her parents are sat on the sofa with her litter sister, and the other sofa is free, no doubt where Lauren and I are going to sit while her parents tell her that our relationship should end.

Her mom looks up at us and shakes her head while her dad just lets out a sigh. Chris and Normani are stood in the kitchen, Normani is currently arguing with Chris. Taylor is sat on the sofa with her girlfriend, who is asleep and is currently using Taylor as a human pillow.

Lauren pulls me towards the sofa, sitting down and pulling me with her while still keeping her hand in mine and our fingers tangled together. I graze my thumb over the top of her hand and she gently squeezes my fingers as her mom lets out a cough.

"Mother if you want to say something just say it."

"I-it's just that she's a bit young isn't she?"

"What kind of question is that? You know that she's still in high school and you know that she's one of my students. Of course she's going to be fucking young!" Lauren yells before running her fingers through her hair. I pull my hand out of hers and wrap my arm around her before gently rubbing her back in an attempt to relax her because she kind of scares me when she's angry. She lets out a sigh and relaxes against me while her mom just continues to glare at us.

"There's no need for that attitude Lauren Michelle."

"Well then don't say stupid things mother." Lauren retorts, causing her little sister to let out a laugh before being glared at by her dad.

"So how did my daughter end up with a student then?" Her dad asks, in a rather scary and deep voice. Okay Lauren I'm scared you do all the talking and I'll just sit here and act like I don't want to run away from your family.

"They met in a club." Normani says, walking into the room with Chris following her, Normani sits next to me, Lauren sends her a glare but she just shrugs. "What you won't tell the truth and right now telling the truth is the best thing you can do." Chris sits next to Lauren and avoids looking at anyone because technically this whole mess is his fault.

"She's right Lauren; just tell us the truth and where things went wrong."

"What do you mean where things went wrong?" Lauren asks, sitting forwards slightly causing Normani to groan. I pull her back and she relaxes against my body while still glaring at her parents.

"I thought we brought you up correctly, to know the different between right and wrong, to know that what you're doing is beyond wrong." Her dad growls, glaring at Lauren before her mom places her hand on his leg and his facial expression softens.

"You also taught me to go after what makes me happy, Camila makes me happy."

I pull her against me and she rests her head against my shoulder before pulling away from me and frowning at me.

"What?" I ask, looking at her and giving her a pout, which causes her to roll her eyes at me before laughing slightly when I pout at her even more.

"Don't look at me like that, you smell like weed." She mumbles before placing her hand in mine and shaking her head at me.

"I told you I was super high, but you made me come here anyway, so it's your fault." I reply, quickly pressing my lips against hers before she pushes me away and arches her eyebrow at me, I innocently smile at her.

"Have you two finished?" Lauren's mom asks, Lauren looks away from me and kinks her eyebrow at her mom before tangling her fingers with mine again.