XXIII

I'm leaning against the front of Lauren's car; my bag is on the ground next to my feet. I'm resting my right foot against the grill on her car as I spot Lauren leaving the building, carrying a box of books. I take a drag of the cigarette I'm holding in my left hand. She looks up at me and smiles as she begins to walks towards me. I grab my bag off the ground and sling it over my shoulder, I drop the cigarette on the floor and then put it out with my foot. I lean against the car again and smirk at her as she walks across the parking lot.

"Hey baby." I say, looking up at her as she walks up to her car. She just shakes her head at me while unlocking her car; I take the box off her and put it in the back of the car.

"Aren't you a gentle-lady?" She says smirking at me.

"Only for you Jauregui, don't go telling people." I say opening the passenger side door and then climb into the car. Lauren gets in and then smiles at me, placing her hand on my thigh and then squeezing it gently.

"What happened to your hand?"

I glance down at my hand and realise that not only is it still covered in Nick's blood, it's also bruised and slightly cut up. I just shrug at her and cover my hand with my Jacket. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket as Lauren continues to stare at me.

"Nothing, it doesn't matter anyway."

"It looks bad, what did you do?"

"It doesn't matter Lauren, just know that Nick is no longer an issue." I mutter, sliding my phone out of my pocket and then unlocking it. I open the message off Rachel, and sigh as Lauren glares at me.

Rachel: what the hell have you done to Nick?! If you remember correctly you're the one that left me so don't take it out on him.

Camila: You're so fucking self-obsessed, you're not the reason I did what I did to him. Get over yourself Rachel...

"Stop texting her Camz, and why is Nick no longer an issue?" Lauren asks as I slide my phone back into my pocket. She drives out of the parking lot, gripping on to the steering wheel. "What have you done to him?"

"Nothing."

"Lauren your hand is covered in blood and is bruised and you're telling me that Nick isn't an issue anymore." She says, stopping at a red light and then turning to face me. "Just fucking tell me what you've done to him."

"Fine, Shawn brought him to me and we started talking, he called me a whore, he called you a slut and then I hit him."

"You did what? You could ge-"

"Not finished yet." I say, cutting her off. "He made comments about Austin, asking if I learned to hit from him, saying that he taught me well. So I hit him more, he ended up on the ground."

"Fucking hell." Lauren mumbles and I just look at her. "Let me guess, not finished yet?"

"I told him to stop texting you, he said what if he doesn't. I told him that if he doesn't things are going to get worse that what I just did to him."

"You're crazy, what if he tells someone? What if he tells Joe and he comes after you?" Lauren asks, panicking as we pull up outside her apartment block. "Get out we'll talk inside."

"Lauren I did it for us, I got him to stop."

"Just shut up until we're inside." She says, shutting the engine off and then opening the door. I sigh and climb out of the car; I walk towards the door of the apartment block and lean against the wall next to it. I watch her get out of the car and then grab the box of books from the back of the car. She walks towards me and dumps the box on the ground while she gets her keys out of her bag. She then unlocks the door and then pushes it open, holding it open and glances at me.