XXXII

Lauren just stares at me and I giggle slightly at how stupid she looks as she just opens and closes her mouth, unable to form any words. I bring my hand away from hers and then brushing a stand of hair behind her ear. She weakly smiles at me, as I brush my thumb over her cheek while she still attempts to avoid eye contact with me.

She begins to look around the room, staring at the candles on the coffee table as well as in the kitchen. She turns back to face me, biting on her bottom lip and I just smile at her.

"Are you going to actually speak Lauren?"

"H-hey." She stutters, glancing between my eyes and my lips as I graze my thumb over the top of her hand. She averts her eyes from mine when she realises that I'm watching her, I just cup her face and then press my lips against hers, she smiles against my lips as her arms wrap around my waist. "W-what are you doing here?"

"I've thought about it."

"And?"

"And I'm not scared anymore, there is no reason to be scared when I have you, I want you Lauren." I reply, smiling and then lightly pressing my lips against hers. "So I made food." I say, pulling away from her and then leading her towards the table, she sits down and then stares at me with her eyebrows raised.

"You made food?" She questions, her eyebrows still raised while a smirk plays on her lips. I sigh and then smile at her before speaking.

"Okay so that's not entirely true, Shawn made the food." I say causing Lauren to Laugh as I walk into the kitchen, turning the stove on to re-heat the pasta sauce as well as pouring boiling water over the already cooked pasta.

"You did all of this?" Lauren asks, looking around the apartment again.

"Of course I did, you're worth it."

I stand with my back facing Lauren while grabbing two bowls out of the cupboard, I place them on the worktop as I feel two arms wrap around my waist before feeling a pair of lips against my neck. I turn my head and smile at Lauren as she rests her chin on my shoulder.

"I love you Camz." She whispers, pressing her lips against my neck again as I place my hands over her and tangle our fingers together. I rest my body against hers and just let her hold me, while I watch the pan of pasta sauce re-heating.

"I love you too."

"Do you want me to do anything?"

"Go sit down so you're not distracting me, I'll bring the food over." I reply, turning to face her and then lightly pressing my lips against hers. She smiles against my lips, keeping her arms wrapped around my waist before tugging on my bottom lip. "Lauren you're distracting me and I'll end up burning the food that took me forever to make." I mumble against her lips.

"Mm okay." She replies, kissing my cheek and then unwrapping her arms from around my waist before walking out of the kitchen and then towards the table. "Also you didn't spend forever making this food, Shawn did." She says as I place the pasta into the bowls before adding the pasta sauce.

"I watched him make it though, that was hard work." I say, throwing the pan into the sink and then getting glared at by Lauren. I just innocently smile at her as she continues to glare at me, come on lighten up. I mean all I did was throw a pan in the damn sink.

I pick the bowls up and then carry them out of the kitchen, and I place one in front of Lauren and then one where I'm going to be sitting. I then walk back into the kitchen and grab a bottle of red wine before walking back towards the table and filling the two glasses. I sit down and Lauren is just goofily grinning at me.

"What?"

"No one has ever done this for me before."

"You're the only person I've ever done this for." I reply while smiling back at her as her foot grazes against my leg under the table. I bring a forkful of pasta to my mouth before eating it, Lauren begins to laugh at me and I glare at her, she leans across the table, reaching over and then wiping pasta sauce from the edges of my mouth, she just shakes her head at me while I pout at her.