Chapter 18

The next few days were kind of peaceful.

Note the words 'kind of'

Considering we were all grieving for Macy, some more than others I must add. But there were no zombie invasions or zombie turnings for that matter.

We were normal teenagers.

We ate like pigs

Talked like pigs

Fucked about like pigs.

And best of all

Slept. In.

I don't know about you but for me one of the most amazing things is waking up late have an amazing stretch and a yawn check the time, realize you have nothing to do that day and then choosing to back to sleep.

Why?

Well Why not?

Doing nothing is the best.

This morning I woke up on my own, I stretched and basked in the glorious sunshine that spilled through the curtains and onto my bed.

I pulled my hair out from behind my head and spread it out in the light, playing with it gently as my body slowly woke up.

After what seemed like a a few minutes I decided to get up.

Quietly I trudged down the stairs, not wanting to wake anyone. The house was so silent. I must have been the first one up. My stomach made a loud grumble and I quickly started searching for some food. In the end I grabbed a banana and scoffed that within seconds.

Birds chirped outside sweetly. It was so serene.

I walked around the house in search of another person awake and ready to talk. No luck.

Sighing, I head back up stairs to my room.

"Carmen?" The sudden voice made me jump, my hand shot up to my chest and I began breathing faster.

"Oh god you scared me" I said with my eyes closed, trying to steady my nerves.

My eyes opened to a nice surprise, Peter.

"Sorry" He laughed off.

"Everyone's still asleep" Peter said, he was wearing sweat pants and no shirt, his arms looked pretty defined in this light. I quickly noticed that I hadn't replied to him and I was staring at his abdomen in awe.

"Uh- yeah I know" I stumbled out, my cheeks felt flushed. I was probably blushing.

"Want to hang out in my room?" He asked, his body
Seemed to tense up, like he was anxiously waiting a reply.

The amount of times I've thought about being in Peter Collins room.

Uncountable.

"Sure" I said a little too enthusiastically.

Luckily Peter found it amusing and grinned.

"I just have to do something real quick and I'll be there soon"

Peter nodded and headed back to his room.

I flung my bedroom door open and quickly shut it. I checked my hair in the mirror, it looked okay. Next I smelt my pits. I know I'm disgusting but what am I supposed to do! It's PETER. It wasn't great to say the least, as I chucked on some deodorant and thew on a new shirt I left my room on the way to his.

Breathe in.

Breath out.

You got this Carmen.

One hand wrapped around the door handle and the other one slightly knocked on his door.

"Come in"

I slowly walked in and closed the door. Placing my back against the door awkwardly.

Peter laughed, Jesus maybe I should be a comedian I'm a fucking hoot for him.

"Come, sit" he said patting the other side of the bed.

Smiling awkwardly I made my way over to the end of the bed and hopped on, crawling the rest of the way to where he was patting.

I crossed my legs, brushed a few loose hairs out of my eyes and huffed.

My eyes met peters. His brown eyes were so nice to look into, it was like everything just stopped, there was no apocalypse, no worries about food or water.

Just him and I

Before I could register what was happening he began to lean in closer to me, his hand creeping up my arm up too my cheek.

His eyes were closed, and I closed mine waiting for this kiss that is been waiting for since 6th grade to commence.

Suddenly the door flew open.

"Hey Peter have you seen Car-"

My eyes flew open and my head jolted back.

In the door frame stood Garret.

"-men." He finished.

I turned my head to Peter, his head was lying back on the headboard and one of his arms was flexed behind his head. His facial expression was annoyance.

My head shot back to Garret.

He looked smug, and also a little impressed.

"So you HAVE seen Carmen?" Garret said sarcastically.

"It's not what it looks like" Peter said trying to explain.

I swear my heart just flopped into my stomach. I felt like such an idiot. My eyes started to sting. Oh god, there is no way I'm crying because of this, and especially not in front of him.

"Awesome" I said to Peter, I tried to say it flatly, but it came out shaky and pathetic.

Quickly I scurried off his bed ran out the door.

"Carmen wait!" I heard Peter yell.

I slammed my bedroom door and slowly slunk down to the floor.

Idiot.

Idiot.

Idiot.

I began slamming my palm onto my forehead.

What was I thinking? Seriously. Peter and I? God I'm so stupid.

Knocking started above my head.

"Car, open up" Peter began.

"Come on car let me explain" he continued.

Quickly I stood up and wiped my tears away from my eyes and plastered a big fake grin on my face.

"Hey Peter! What's up?" I said sweetly, resting my head against the door-frame.

He now had a shirt on and looked even more adorable than before.

"I want to explain about before-"

I interrupted before he had the chance to embarrass me further.

"- don't you worry about it, I got it. You were tired and lonely and I was stupid and vulnerable, you messed up, I messed up it won't happen again. I'm fine-"

I gestured my hand up and down him

"-and you're fine, lets just leave it there okay? Now I have stuff to do, a buh bye" I said as I slowly shut the door on him.

******

I stayed in my room for a couple hours after that, no one really bothered me, apart from a few knocks from people asking where things were.

Finally I decided to show my shameful face and start some dinner, since I know no one else will cook it.

I got into the kitchen and grabbed out a couple packs of pasta, some sauce and fresh fish that the boys had caught a day before.

Sadly I didn't know how to de-bone it and shit, so I had to find one of the guys.

I headed outside in search for Max and sadly only found Mason.

He was lying on a beach chair in the garden, with Karli and Paxton.

I walked over to the chair and patted him on the shoulder.

"Hey mace can you help me in the kitchen for a sec?" I asked pointing my thumbs to the door.

"You sure you want me? I can go grab Peter I'm sure he will finish what he started this time" he said smugly.

Paxton shot him the death stare before I had the chance too.

I was taken back, shocked, insulted.

He is SUCH an asshole.

"You know what? Don't worry about it. Make your own fucking dinner" I said before storming off. I have done so much for these people and all they do is fuck me around.

"I'm sorry Carmen. That was really mean" Mason apologized as he chased after me.

My eyes started to sting again.

Holy shit, am I really going to cry again? I never cry!

All of a sudden all the emotion from my mother, Jordan, Macy and now Peter started flooding back. This is it.

This is my break down.

Then it happened. The water works started.

And they were on full throttle.

"Woah, I didn't think I was that mean..." He said enclosing me in a hug.

"It's not you"

Okay so he initiated it.

"It's just, everything"

His hug got tighter.

"I know car, I know."

******

A/N: hey, so hope u guys like this chapter, I tried my best to write a romantic/sappy/sad chapter that I'm really not that into hahah but I promised so yeah, vote! Comment! Follow <3