Chapter 11

The bus was being pushed from both sides resulting in us rocking, like a ship on rough waters. Watching the decomposing deceased slam up against the metal sides, filled with hunger and lust made me feel sick. Their eyes roamed over our bodies like we were a piece of tender meat.

"This is it..." Max said, his eyes glazed over with fear. I had nothing to say to him. Or Paxton... All hope had vanished.

The thing we needed most. Was a miracle.

My eyes started to sting as tears built up. I'm going to die. On a bus. With my two best friends. I stood up from the drivers seat and headed to the back of the bus.

"Where are you going?" Paxton said while she and Max tried to stable to bus.

"Giving up" I exclaimed flatly.

Each minute the bus shook harder. The zombies were gaining more fury and more determination to get to us.

All of a sudden a zombies head cracked on the glass, dark blood spilled from his cranium and smeared along the bus before he dropped to the ground.

A shimmer from what I guessed was an axe caught my eye.

Seconds later another zombies skull was caved in,

then another

and another

Paxton was watching intensely, trying to identify the mystery killers.

Suddenly Paxton slapped her hand over her mouth as her eyes widened. She then started jumping with joy.

'Peter! It's Peter!"

No way.

I scrambled to my feet and hurried beside her. There he was, with (Yes I was right) An axe, and two friends. Mason and Garret Jones.

The heart-throb Twins.

*Correction 

Asshole twins.

We all watched while Peter, Mason and Garret shot and swung their weapons at the walking dead, blowing blood and bones out of the corpses.

Minutes later they were all panting. While being partly covered in festering flesh and black blood.

Max, Pax and I stood there in astonishment. This was our miracle. Peter raised his head and locked eyes with mine. He was still gorgeous- even covered in gore.

Max pulled the rusty lever and opened the doors as Pax and I rushed out to thank them.

"Hey. Thank you guys so much" I gushed, I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks. God damn it I was blushing.

"You are welcome" Peter smiled and leant on his axe.

"You guys needed it" Mason scoffed and shook his shaggy black hair. Paxton shot him a disgusted look.

"We were fine! We didn't need you" Max started. Garret laughed

"Really?" He said looking Max up and down, he eyed up his baseball bat.

"Because that baseball bat looked like it was doing wonders for your protection." The sarcasm in Garrets voice got Paxton furious. Her lips pursed and she folded her arms, fighting the urge to hook him.

"Wow Garret, Still the same asshole like always! It's nice to know that you haven't changed with the apocalypse" She said bitterly, her smile now sickly sweet.

"Funny.." He said looking at the ground. 

"Look, lets find some petrol and supplies and we will be on our way" I suggested. Peter, Mason and Garret seemed to look uncomfortable.

"Well I'll see you around?" Peter asked.

If I'm not dead.

"Yeah, sure" I smiled. We hugged quickly before parting ways.

"I cant just leave them. We need more people, defenders.

I stood still. Frozen almost. Contemplating whether or not to ask them to join us, or will it be too much people? Can we even trust them? I mean, we took in Beth and Macy and look where that got us...

But I know Peter.

I think.

But do i know him enough to take him in?

I didn't have time to deliberate, I just had to act fast.

"Peter!" I sprinted toward him and his friends.

"Come with us" I asked calmly. He looked over his shoulder to Mason and Garret, they shrugged in agreement.

"Okay" His eyes shimmered like crystal clear water, his smile was perfect and don't even get me started on his teeth...

We re-grouped and stood together in a close circle.

"Whats the game plan?" Garret asked, his finger in his teeth, picking at some old food. Paxton looked disgusted.

"Can you not do that? You're turning my stomach to bile." She pretended to vomit by holding her gut and opening her mouth repeatedly.

"Bet that not all I do to you" Garret teased, he winked seductively. The sexual tension between them in crazy.

Max looked infuriated at the fact Peter and his mates were joining forces with us. The vibes he was giving off was insanely stand-offish and rude. Boys are so childish.

"We need, weapons, food, gas, and more clothes" His eyes flickered with rage. Peter picked up on it quickly.

"How about we split up?" He suggested.

"Carmen and I, Max and Paxton and Garret and Mason?"

"Yeah"

"Sounds good"

"Keen"

"Who put you in charge?" Max hissed. His nostrils were flaring and a vain in his forehead was throbbing forcefully.

Well isn't he just a happy little camper?

"It was just a suggestion..." Peter defended, quietly.

"-And it was a good one, Max calm the fuck down! Meet back here in Half an hour. Run back to the bus if you get in trouble, honk the horn twice and we will all re-group back here. Got it?"

Everyone nodded.

Even max, I could tell it was forced though.

"Good" I said as i rubbed my hands together in content.

"Lets go"