Chapter 15

"Come on, we have work to do" Since Beth and the other two were resting, now was the chance to take inventory.

"We need to count, weapons, food, first aid kits and clothes"

I started handing the bags out.

"How will we record everything?" Paxton asked.

I thought for a moment. We had no pens or paper.

I walked into the kitchen and opened a cupboard. I remembered the black board that was used to write the shopping list on. I also remembered which draw the chalk was in.

Slowly I began to pull at the cupboard door, hoping to pull the board off the hinges.

With a few more pulls it worked. Setting the door under one arm, I opened the draw and took a few sticks of chalk.

"Here" I threw the shit down in the middle if the floor, for everyone to see.

"Get counting"

An hour or so passed before we finished. All up we had

five guns, eighteen packs if ammo, two baseball bats, three machetes, four hammers, twenty-four items of clothing, four liters of drinking water and only two bag fulls of food

We placed everything back into bags before Beth, Karli and Macy trotted down stairs.

"Hey" Beth beamed, sleep still in the corner of her eyes.

"Hi" Mason spoke on behalf of the group.

Silence filled The room.

Macy and Karli looked at the floor. To ashamed to look us in the eye. I don't blame them.

Beth on the other hand, kept her head high like nothing ever happened.

"These bags aren't going to place themselves" I said breaking the silence once again. I picked up four bags and took them upstairs.

I began hiding the food and water in my closet.

Weapons behind my headboard and clothes behind the toilet.

"What are you doing?" Her voice made me jump. Beth had Her head pressed against the door frame. Arms crossed.

"N-nothing" I stuttered.

"Your hiding everything. Aren't you?"

I sighed. No way out of this one.

"Do you blame me? After what you did? We had nothing! We had to risk out lives to collect more shit, because you stole everything we had!" I yelled. I was pissed off and bottling up anger was not something I was good at.

She sucked on her teeth and looked away, then back to me.

I was still crouched next to the toilet. Holding my head up from the lid.

"I know and I don't blame you" she said, her vice was shaking I could tell she was near tears.

"But you don't need to hide everything..." She said trailing off.

"Well how am I supposed to trust you?"

She fell silent.

"I don't know"

She picked her head up off the frame and continued off down the hall.

I sighed internally and decided to hide the clothes somewhere else.

When I was finished I looked up to the mirror. My blonde hair was now a dirty blonde. My face seems crusty from dirt and dry tears.

I rinsed my face and began Rubbing the dirt of my face.

This was going to take a while.

I decided a shower would work better. Moving into the shower I pulled the Handel and prepared to jump out of the waters path.

No water.

Great.

No showers? This is disgusting.

Wait.

If I remember correctly...

There is a lake down the road!

I ran to the hall closet and grabbed about ten towels.

As I skipped down the stairs and Into the living room, everyone came in to view.

Prancing elegantly around the people like an idiot, I started handing out towels.

"Showers don't work" Paxton said glumly. She threw her towel to the ground.

"not for the shower..." I sang.

"For. The. Lake!"

Everyone cheered.

"Grab some soap and let's go!"

A/N

Hey, sorry for a short chapter. Deal hahaha.

Merry Christmas though!