Chapter 14

Mason stopped the car.

"What do we do now?" He seemed like he was actually asking for help, not trying to be the tough guy that we all knew he wasn't.

I looked around for something to hide us. I noticed a huge bush that would cover the bus completely.

"There" I pointed, mason backed the bus up and re-parked the bus.

"What's the game plan?" Max asked me. Everyone else listened. Guess I'm taking charge, once again.

"Pass me the bags" I asked Peter, he quickly got to his feet and fetched them for me. Then I started handing out weapons.

I took the liberty of taking a gun, most of the boys also got guns apart from max, he chose a machete. Paxton asked for a baseball bat.

We all huddled round and began to brainstorm ideas.

"Who are those girls?" Mason asked intrigued

"We will explain later- what we need to do is somehow show the girls that we are here, without them making it obvious. If the zombies don't know we are here it will be a lot easier" I said, still worried about the plan.

"-hit them with the element of surprise!" Peter exclaimed excitedly

"Genius!" He continued.

I shifted my gaze from Peter and set it on the rest of the group,

"I'm going to break it down to you"

"The zombies are surrounding the house, putting themselves in a circle shape, right?"

They all nodded.

"If we stand behind one each, kill them, move on to the next one beside us."

"Make sense?" I tried my best to explain what I was thinking, they seemed to get the idea, now only time would tell if they actually did.

"We got this" Max insured.

With that we all filled out of the bus and slowly started creeping our way to the house.

As soon as I spotted Beth I stopped the group.

"Hang on a sec..." I said as I continued to get closer to their view.

I started waving my hand in the air, in desperate need of Beth to see me, since she had a gun, if she thought we were zombies too,

That would be VERY bad.

After what seemed like forever she spotted me, her face lit up with relief.

Before she could yell out I quickly lifted my finger to my lips, signalling for her to be quiet.

She caught on quick.

"Let's go" I said to the group.

We kept creeping up behind the pack of zombies.

All eyes were on me.

I nodded, and aimed my gun to the back of a head.

3

2

1

Bang!

I pulled the trigger, blood and brains flew everywhere, splattering on the side of the house with a giant thud.

More gun shots filled my ears as Peter, Garret and Mason began shooting too.

I ran to the next zombie,

Bang!

Dead.

And the next.

And the next.

And the next.

"Carmen!!!" I heard someone yell, I ran towards the voice.

"Pax!"

A zombie had pinned her to the ground, her bat was thrown to the side, I quickly aimed for the creatures head.

Bang!

Blood covered Paxton's face, hair and shirt.

I helped her up.

"Thank god my mouth was shut" she said jokingly, as she picked up her bat.

"Thanks babe" she smiled and began to help Max with his victim.

After a few minutes they were all dead.

Everyone was wiping sweat,

And organs

Off their brow. I lead everyone inside and Beth, Macy and Karli ran down the stairs to greet us.

"Holy shit, thank god you guys came!" Beth said, she started explaining what happened.

***** Beth's POV from the previous night****

"Come on!" I urged Macy to hurry up with the food, we weren't going to last long without it.

Karli was stocking up on weapons, like I told her too.

We were going to be fine without Carmen! Who the fuck needs a bossy little bitch telling us what to do anyway?

I'm a natural leader.

Not a follower.

This is how it should be.

"Done?" I asked Macy and Karli, they both nodded.

"Good, now come on, we have to go before anyone wakes up"

It was one am, dark and scary,

And we were heading towards the woods.

Fabulous.

We started walking in the opposite direction of the house. I had my phone for us, for light, and time.

It doesn't work now that everything in civilization was destroyed.

But it was still useful.

"Beth, I'm tired" Karli groaned. Come to think of it, I was pretty tired too.

I checked my phone, three am.

We have been walking for hours.

"We can sleep here for the night" I said, at first they were hesitant but after a while they finally agreed.

Macy made a fire, she was a Girl Scout for a couple of years.

Before we knew it we were all asleep.

A few hours later I woke to a small repetitive, dripping on my forehead.

I sleepily wiped my forehead.

Drip

Drip

Drip

I opened my eyes in annoyance to find a zombie roaming over my body like a falcon hovers over a dead ripping corpse.

I screamed and panicked. I couldn't move I was scared shitless, the zombie pounced and started clawing at my arms and face.

I brought my knees up to my chest and kicked abdomen as hard as I could. He fell off and stumbled to his feet.

As did I.

"Macy! Karli! Go!" I screamed.

We began to run back to the house, the only bag I picked up was a couple of guns that I found in a shed out the back, when we were having the vim fire.

We ran the whole way back, which was a fucking long time.

I opened the front door and waited for Karli and Macy to follow. I slammed the door shut.

"Max!" I yelled searching the house

"Carmen!?"

No one.

I headed up stairs to double check. Suddenly movement outside caught my eye through the window.

That's when I saw them surrounding the house."

******
Carmen p.o.v

"Well you're safe now"

She smiled and apologized. They all did.

Beth's eyes looked tired and worn out.

I felt pity for her.

"Go on up to my room, have a sleep, you need it" I offered Beth.

"Thanks" She said accepting the offer. She headed up the stairs, Karli and Macy headed up with her.

Paxton stepped up beside me and rested her head on my shoulder.

"You really think we can trust them?"

I went silent and I watched Beth disappear behind the hall wall.

"I don't know" I started

"But everyone deserves a second chance."