Chapter 20: What Comes from Disaster

My team sat in the back of the Pelican while John piloted it, completely aware of how much he was dodging. We had smuggled out a couple of the Spartan 4 EVA suits, because we knew we would probably be hitching a ride on a covenant vehicle. I looked down at mine.

"Everyone changed?" John asked. He looked at me, and I looked back at him, remembering Linda's suit and what happened. He sighed, and pat my shoulder. "It'll be fine."

"What happened?"

"Linda's suit. Back on the first Halo, she destroyed the suit on accident by changing into that other form because flood-forms were trying to get into her. While her natural defense is sufficient against them, the suit not so much."

Kate sighed, and pat my back. "It'll be okay. But we've gotta go." She looked up at the rest of the team. "I'll stay with Bethany. The rest of you go and we'll catch up."

Changing into the suit, I set the canister- which fit everything I used to have, on my back along my hip. I also placed my weapons on my back, and felt ready with my pistol-sword.

"All good?"

"Yeah. I am worried about Star back on Infinity."

"She'll be fine. I'm sure that the marines will keep her safe, since she is a huge asset to the UNSC."

"True. And you are getting really chatty, by the way. What's up?"

"I... I don't really know. It doesn't matter. Let's go."

She pulled me along into the building we were going into.

I'm not sure what happened to the rest of the chapter... Oh well. TL;DR is they stop the composer and are really upset over Cortana. Cool? Cool.