Chapter 14: Where Is My Grave?

When I woke up, it was to the nasty breath of- 

"HOLY FUCKING HELL WHAT IS THAT?!"

It spouted some nonsense, while my arms were tightly against my sides, wrapped by a tentacle. It made me feel really squeamish, and I was going to be sick yet again. 

An elite in silver armor also was brought down struggling, and I just watched. I was more concerned about John and myself, but who knows what was going on beyond this sickening place. 

"Relax. I'd rather not piss this thing off. That means you too Elizabeth."

I nodded, and tried to calm myself from the knot in my stomach urging me to puke. I had to hold some down, vomiting in my mouth. It burned, and I coughed. 

"This one is machine and nerve, and has its mind concluded. This one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded." He held each of them up, looking at them with the large mouth-like structure. He finally lifted me, squeezing my body tighter. My bag was in one tentacle, pulled away as I began to transform from the pain. The elite looked at me in awe and fear. "This one is skin and bone, a mind most primal and secluded."

I growled, feeling threatened. My wings were still tight against my body, but I was able to open them as soon as he let go. I just wanted my bag in case...

He brought forth a mutated Prophet, which was reanimated by the Flood form, and one of the ball things that really fucked with me last time. 

After their talk, which I tuned out in an effort to struggle out of the binds, he tightened them considerably, causing me to yelp in pain. 

"Elizabeth! Please don't struggle." John asked. I whimpered, and relaxed, but was still extremely uncomfortable. 

He tossed each of them to two different portals, sending the both of them to different missions. It still had my bag- my only source of comfort at the moment. The elite and John were to search for the Index and make sure the ring didn't fire. 

"You... You shall leave this place, demon. You are hell fire and brimstone, a scorn on the universe." 

I was tossed away with my bag, falling into sleep yet again. When I woke up, I was still in my beast form, and seemed unable to switch back. I was back toward the original base, and carefully opened my bag. It seemed we had moved on from the area, so I had to find a place to send a private communication, or else I was going to die here. 

I pulled a communications terminal out of my bag with my teeth, careful to not break it with the immense amount of pressure I could procure with the strong jaw I had in this form. I turned it on, carefully typing by placing a claw on each letter. I received no response. After some frustration, a team of Elites came over. Baring my teeth, I saw the one that was with John and I. 

"Worry not creature. We will not hurt you. We saw your distress signal and came to rescue you from the parasite."

I cocked my head to the side, then saw Miranda and Johnson. Both looked at me strangely, but i got the message out that detailed exactly what was going on and put it in front of them. I picked up my bag, careful to make sure it didn't rip or was going to be destroyed as I tried to get it out of the area, I got into the Phantom they had parked nearby. 

"Oh... So this is why you were with Chief all the time." I gave a look that I tried to convey as 'sort of' in response, and he pat my head. "And because he was your brother. Got it."

The Arbiter, as I found out the one Elite was called, came close. "Hey... Are you doing alright? It seemed the demon- I mean, Master Chief, was very worried about you."