Chapter 18: Has it been that long?

So. I thought about it. I don't really want to do an in between chapter. I'll explain here what's happened over the four years and however much between the games. It's almost 5 years between each anyway so she's grown. 

"Team Zeta! Form Up!" I called from my chair. Rolling in front of all of them, I smiled a bit. 

"At ease. I need to discuss something with you all for a moment."

Faith had raised her hand. I acknowledged her. 

"Can we just sit down?"

I gave her a look, and she looked a bit nervous. "Sure...."

They moved over to their bunks, including Star. She just floated over hers, and landed carefully on the bed of her own design. 

"So what do you guys think about being a team so far?"

"We've just been training and going with you on missions to see the Arbiter. I think it's been pretty boring." Kate Barrett replied, sitting with her head on her hands, on the side of her bed. 

"It has been quite slow." Malcolm Beringer, the other ensign replied.

"Alright, well what about going on Infinity?"

"Wait, really? We're going on Infinity finally?!" Faith responded.

"Yep."

The four cheered, and I pulled a few beers out of the compartment to the side of my wheelchair. "On the house- some celebration is needed."

"For what?"

"I'm officially a captain." 

Faith spit out her drink. "WHAT?!"

"I'm a captain." I showed the eagle that showed my new rank. They all cheered, and pat me on the back. 

Meanwhile, our stuff was being transferred to a personal barracks for Team Zeta within the new ship. The ship caught a distress from Forward Unto Dawn, and we had to investigate. 

Team Zeta. Composed of myself, Star, Lieutenant Commander Faith Rose, Ensign Malcolm Beringer, and Ensign Kate Barrett. Faith was able to become invisible, and use any weapon as an assassin. Malcolm is a powerhouse, with dense and unbreakable bones, unbreakable skin, and superhuman strength. Kate was incredibly fast and could use almost any herb or plant for medicine. Star was still her engineer self. 

And I was still wheelchair bound, yet I could still lead. 

We all slept for the last time inside of our little bunker, which was a personal barracks for Team Zeta and Team Yellow, our sister team. The other team usually was out on missions, so we were usually alone. 

Getting onto Infinity, I was pushed by Star while Malcolm carried most of our gear. Both Faith and him were joking around, and I smiled, hearing my little team enjoying themselves. 

"Team Zeta..." I heard from the side. The admiral was right there. 

"Admiral, Sir!" Everyone snapped to attention, except Star and Malcolm. He was carrying too much stuff and my Engineer was not technically a part of the command structure, and only answered to me. 

"At ease. It's nice to see you Captain Doe."

"Good to see you too sir." I shook his hand, and smiled wide. He motioned me to follow him, so I had the team unpack in our barracks while Star and I came with him. 

"So, how is that wheelchair treating you?"

"It's... Not ideal."

"I understand. It's why you're going to be commanding your team from the ship."