Chapter 7 // The Bet

I was taken out of my dream, when I heard 'Wrecking Ball' playing loudly, my alarm. I hit snooze,it was 12:01, and got out of bed. I grabbed my phone and texted Kian,'You up? I'll be over there in 30'. It was a few minutes before I got a reply,' With my loud
ass right tone I'm up now. Kk see ya soon'. I chuckled at the thought of Kian jolting awake from the sound of his ringtone.
I brushed my hair, put on some makeup, and got out my outfit. (A 'never stop dreaming' colorful crop top, some black shorts, and pink vans.) I grabbed the new case I bought that said 'and we'll never be royals' and put it on my phone. I looked at the clock and it was already 12:34. I went over to Kian's room and opened it with the extra key he gave me. I walked & Kian was laying on the bed in some sweats and a shirt. "Hey, feel like we haven't hung out in a while" he said with a slight shrug. "Ya, but Kian can I tell you something?" I asked taking a seat next to him on the bed. "Last night while we were all dancing... Me and Jack... We went into his room and things happened" I said getting slightly teary, it was too much for me. "What? What happened Darcy?" He said sitting up and getting closer to me. "We just kissed..a lot" I said still crying lightly. "Why are you crying then?" He asked confused. I sniffled and replied, " Its just a lot for me right now. I don't even know what's happening with me and Jack..." I started to cry lightly again, this time Kian wrapped his arms around me as I laid my head on his chest. "Thanks for letting me get that out" I said feeling a lot better. " I just want you to know that whatever happens, I'll always be there for you." He said which honestly made me feel better. As I cleaned myself up in the mirror I asked what we were all doing today. "Um Taylor texted everyone, we're gonna go to the arcade. Sound good?","yep!". After Kian grabbed his phone we went into the lobby to meet up with all the guys.
As I walked towards the other guys, i saw jack out of the corner of my eye. I tried my best to avoid eye contact. No doubt, I was super psyched that we had our steamy situation but I was also confused and I didn't know what to say to him. Luckily he saved me from having to start a conversation.
"Hey Darc! Come here for a sec." Jack yelled from across the room. I gathered up my nervousness and walked over to him, smiling. He smiled right back.
"Hey I'm sorry about last night. Things got pretty out of hand. I don't know what got into me...I..." I stopped him.
"It's fine! To be honest, I kind of enjoyed it." I said, blushing.
"Oh..good, I thought you were upset. " He said. I could see him blushing from what I said before. I smiled. "No no it's fine."
"Good. So you want to hang out at the arcade? Everybody else is going so I just thought, maybe..." He muttered, blushing.
"Of course." I said.
We noticed everybody was starting to walk out the door.
"Well we better go," I said, smiling at jack.
We started to walk out toward the limo. Jack grabbed my hand, causing butterflies to swarm throughout my stomach. I looked up at him and smiled. When we got to the limo, he opened the door for me, "Your seat, madam." He chuckled, gesturing towards the limo seat.
I sat down. "My greatest thanks to you sir." I said in a cheesy english accent. He got in beside me and we looked at eachother for a few seconds and burst out laughing.
"Settle down lovebirds!" Cameron said, shaking his head.
~ ten minutes later ~
(Jack's POV)
Darcy and I walked into the arcade, still holding hands. The game screens lit up her face. God she was beautiful... She looked up at me, smiling. "What shall we do first?" She asked.
"Wanna play air hockey?" I suggested.
"Sure!" She said. We walked over and started playing. She was so cute. In the end, she won. We played a bunch of other games and I ended up going to hang out with carter and Matt. She went over to kian and cameron.
"You've got yourself a nice one." Carter exclaimed as I walked toward him.
"She's not just a 'nice one'," I said. "She's Darcy, and she is a very kind girl."
"Yeah well, forget nice. I bet you can't get her to sleep with you before the end of next week." Matt said.
I thought about it for a minute. I cared about Darcy. She wasn't just some toy. I knew I shouldn't agree to the bet but unfortunately I let my reputation get the best of me.
"I bet I can. And if I do, you owe me thirty bucks." I said, regretting every word. I knew that sleeping with a girl was a worth a lot more than that, but these guys weren't like that, they didn't care about the feelings. They just wanted the sex. But.. I didn't want to seem like a loser so I went along with it.
"Sounds good to me! It's not like it'll happen anyway." Carter and Matt laughed.
"Whatever. I'll prove you wrong." I said.
I walked over to where some of the other guys were. I immediately regretted everything I said. Suddenly I was filled with worry and guilt. What if Darcy finds out? She'd hate me for the rest of eternity. Betting on sex? Oh my god I was so stupid.

(A/N: hey guys! So yeah.. Hope you enjoyed this chapter! The next one should be up later tonight or tomorrow. Love all you guys! Over 600 reads is a big deal for us! )
~ Michaela & Abby ~ XOXO

P.s. Thank you Abby for writing the second half of this amazing chapter! Love you...it's so much better then my parts lol. ~Michaela :) xx