Pretty Little Liars//Haleb AU [Part 1]

"Your avoiding me."

Hanna froze, staring at the floor in shame. She knew she couldn't  avoid him forever, but it was worth a shot. Caleb would have found her soon, anyway.
"Maybe I am."
He slowly moved forward, his breath on Hanna's neck. "You can't just leave me after saying that." 
Had she been stupid to run out on him? Leaving in the midst of his profession of love?
"You're being in denial." Hanna let the words spill out of her mouth, hiding the gentle sobs behind a series of random babble. "You can't love me! Nobody can love me. I'm not like Spencer, I am not smart or pretty or-"
"I don't care," Caleb interrupted, twisting her round. " I don't care. I love you, Hanna." Oh how he wanted to kiss her painted pink lips, to stare into her crystal blue eyes and never let go of her. 
How he wanted to marry her.
"You should care."
Was that it? Was that all she had to reply with? Caleb's face slowly dropped, despair clouding his face. It broke Hanna's heart to see the pain writhe through his face, and to watch him walk away. She was left alone on the street, black streams of mascara staining her porcelain face. 

Caleb wondered the streets in the darkness, staring at his phone. 

From: Hanna
Please call me

From: Hanna
Caleb...

From: Hanna 
I'm sorry.

He should answer. He should speak to her. But he couldn't bring himself to do it. He just walked, his eyes looking down at his phone. It rung again. Maybe if he was paying attention, he would have seen the road ahead, even though it was silent in the night. He would have noticed a car hurtling at a high speed towards the small crossing he walked across. 
He wouldn't have been hit by the car, and left on the ground to die.