Chapter 39

NASHS POV-

I tried to open my eyes, but it wouldn't work. I was in so much pain it's almost unbearable. My chest hurt and it really hurt to breathe. I used the rest of my energy and tried to open my eyes but it didn't work. Where was I? What the hell is going on? Once again I tried to open my eyes, but nothing. All the sudden, I was able to hear. I heard a bunch of beeping. Was it a machine? Then, I heard Sophie's voice. Oh my god I need to see her and tell her what happened. I heard her beautiful voice say, "Okay guys I'm gonna head home let me know if he wakes up" What? I don't want her to leave I want to see her. Well that means I'm not in harms way and neither is Sophie which makes me much calmer, but why the fuck can I not open my eyes? I kept trying and trying but nothing. 

SOPHIES POV-

I set an alarm before I went to bed to wake me up at 7 in the morning so I can go see Nash when visiting hours start at 8. This time, I decide to pack some clothes if I want to stay for a while. I let my hair down because I am too lazy to do anything with it. I walk into Tay's room and she is out cold. I walk over and shake her. She rolls over so her back was facing me and I say, "I'm going to the hospital I'll see you when I get home" she nods her head and I walk downstairs. I grab some food really quick and get in the car so I can get to the hospital. I can't wait to see Nash even though it's only been overnight since I last saw him. I don't know who stayed with Nash last night, but I was expecting Cam. I thank the driver and got out of the car. I have to go through security, which takes forever and I just want to get upstairs. I make my way up to Nash's room. I walk in and Nash is still passed out on the hospital bed which hurt me so much, but I need to stay strong. I take a deep breath and look around the room. Cam is here, as I thought and so is Taylor. Well, that I wasn't expecting even though they are friends again. 

I set my stuff down on the floor and walk over to Nash's bed. I sit on the edge and take his hand in mine. Even though there is stuff hooked up to it, I kiss his knuckles and set his hand back down. He looks more peaceful today and I can't figure out why. "Sophie?" I hear and I turn my head. It is Cam. "Yeah sorry I didn't want to wake you up" I say as I stand up. "No problem.. But do you mind if I go back to Shawn's just for the day to get some stuff and shower?" I shake my head no and he smiles. He hugs me and walks out. That leaves me, Nash and a sleeping Taylor. Well, look where we ended up. Right back together. I sit down in the seat Cam was just in and close my eyes.

I couldn't close my eyes just to have peace. I keep thinking about a bunch of stuff. Why me? Why does this have to happen to me? What if Nash doesn't wake up for a long time? What if I have to go back home while he is still in the hospital? If that happens, I don't know what I'm going to do because I wouldn't be able to say goodbye to him. I open my eyes and try to get all of those questions out of my head. I have to stay positive. I look over and Taylor was starting to wake up. "Hey Soph" he says and I smile at him. He looks really tired, just like me. All of us were tired and worried for Nash. "What are you thinking about" he asks me, breaking me from my thoughts. I sigh and say, "Just the future." he nods his head and says, "What about the future?" I tried to decide if I should open up to him or not and I finally decide why not?!

"Well pretty much what's going to happen after the summer is over and I have to go back to New York. Like where will that leave Nash and I? And right now, I don't even know if he will be able to talk to me about that because he's unconscious in a hospital bed" I say as I start to cry yet again. Taylor puts his arm around my shoulder and tries to calm me down. Even though we have all been through hell with each other, I really happy Taylor is here. I feel like I can talk to him and he won't judge me. "Soph you need to stay positive and keep telling yourself that Nash will be okay. When summer ends, Nash will be here to talk through what you guys are going to do. You guys can still stay in contact with each other and see each other. Trust me everything is going to be fine." he says and from him Taylor saying all that I stop crying. 

I calm myself down from what Taylor said. He is right. Everything he said was 100% true. I thought about it a little more and the boys came minus Cam. They help me keep my mind off Nash. We hang out and they all are trying to cheer me up. I don't know what it is, but it's really hard to be happy in the hospital. Everything is so dull and gloomy. The guys brought me some pizza too and that is the highlight of my day. I finished eating and went into the bathroom. I look in the mirror and my mouth dropped. I have the biggest bags every and my eyes are bloodshot. Well, I guess that's what happens when somebody you love is in the hospital and you don't know how they are.

Cam texts me that he wasn't going to be back until around 10 and the guys were leaving in about 10 minutes. They were all saying their goodbyes and telling me to call if anything happens and I just nod my head. After everybody was gone, I sat down on Nash's bed and just talked to him even though he won't answer. "Nash I just want you to know I love you and I can't wait for you to wake up so I can see your beautiful blue eyes" I say as I put my hand on his cold cheek. I smile as tears start to form in my eyes. I keep talking to him even though he's not moving. "I just want you to know that I love you so much and when you wake up and you are healthy again, I'm never letting you walk home again" I say and smile. I look at him for a couple seconds and wipe away my tears. I lean down and kiss his cheek.

Cam showed up and we talked about Ryann and Nash. It was nice to have a normal conversation with somebody that wasn't saying that they were sorry about Nash. Cam and I are talking about how much he likes Ryann and how Nash doesn't stop talking about me. It was really cute everything he was saying about Nash. I didn't he was the type of guy to talk about his girlfriend to his friends, but I guess he is. Cam is really making me smile as he talks about the fun things he and Nash have done. It was nice to get my mind off of the Nash laying in the hospital bed in front of me. 

Okay so here you guys go. Thanks for all the comments I love to read them!:)~K