Chapter 38

SOPHIE'S POV-

I went out looking, but it was so dark outside, and I have no idea if Nash went the long way or the short way. I ended up running into Cam. "Sophie it's okay we will find him" he says and I sigh. "Cam I need to find him and make sure he's okay. I don't know what I will do if he's hurt" I say to him and he pulls me in for a hug. I couldn't hold it any longer. I cried. It came to the point where I was crying so hard that I couldn't breathe. "Shh" Cam said rubbing circles on my back trying to calm me down. I was so upset and I just want Nash at this point. I hear a phone ring and Cam keeps one arm around me as he pulls out his phone. "Hello?" It sucked that I can only hear one part of this conversation. "Fuck really?" he says and my eyes go wide. I pick my head up and he nods his head saying he will tell me. "Okay we will be there soon" he says and puts down his phone. "Sophie you should sit down before I tell you this" Cam says to me. My eyes go wide and I sit down on the ground and Cam sits in front of me. "Okay so Nash is in the hospital," he says and my breath hitches in my mouth and my eyes start to water. Cam continues with, "The rest of the guys are there and they want us to come. Do you want to come or do you want to go back home?" I want to see Nash, but I don't know if I will be able to keep my cool. I sigh and mumble a quiet, "I want to go" Cam nod his head and helps me up.

We got a cab to the hospital and Cam paid. He returned to my side and lead me up to the front doors. To say I was nervous would be an understatement. I felt like my heart was in my throat and I was shaking. As we were checking in, Cam kept trying to calm me down, but nothing was working. As we make our way up to his room, I tried to keep myself calm, but I was crying yet again. I brace myself as we walk into the room and there was Nash in the hospital bed. I gasp as I look at him closely. His face was all banged up and he looked nothing like my Nash. Where is he now? That's all I need right now. I walk over and the guys leave the room to give me time with him. I sit down on the edge of the bed and he laid there. I reach my hand up and touch his cheek. He laid there almost lifeless and it hurt me so bad to see him like this. How did this happen to him? The doctor walks in and looks at me and gives me a small smile. "Hello. I'm Dr. Harper. Are you part of Nash's family?" he asks me. I shake my head and say, "I'm his girlfriend" he nods his head and I stand up. I wipe under my eyes.

"Do you know what happened?" he asks after he did a couple things to Nash. I shake my head no and he says, "Well, we aren't 100% sure with what happened yet, but he is pretty beat up. At this point all we know is he has a couple bruised ribs and possibly one broken one. He might have a slight concussion, but we will run a bunch tests once he wakes up. The police are doing a bunch of research right now trying to find out what happened." he says and I nod my head. "Do you have any idea when he might wake up?" I ask and he says, "It could be as soon as a couple days and it could be as long as a couple weeks." I nod my head and he gets up and walks out of the room. I return to my seat on the edge of the bed and look down at Nash. I really want to know what happened to him. The main thing I need to worry about right now is Nash waking up. 

The boys walk back into the room and I tell them what the doctor told me. Most of them looked like a total mess. Cam was probably the worst. As it got later, I was losing hope that he was going to wake up today. I was really hoping that today he would wake up and everything could be ten times better, but I don't see that happening. He's out cold. The rest of the guys went home and Cam and I decided to stay. I called and told my aunt and she told me to stay as long as I needed. "Hey I'm going to go get something to eat do you want anything?" I ask. Cam shakes his head no and I walk out of the room. It felt good to be out of that room because it was very depressing in there, but I know that is where I will be spending most of my time until Nash wakes up.

I ate some really crappy food and made my way back upstairs. Cam was old cold in the chair and I looked at Nash. I couldn't stop crying yet again. I should've had him sleep at my house or have the driver take him home. This is all my fault because I didn't make sure he got home safely and now, look where he is. In the hospital. I went over to the bed and picked up his hand. It was lifeless. I brought his hand up to my mouth and kissed his hand. My tears were falling onto the bed and I tried to wipe them away, but I couldn't. I lay down and put Nash's lifeless arm around my neck and close my eyes. I pick my head up and look at him. His eyes were shut keeping his beautiful blue eyes away from me. I lean my head down onto his chest, careful not to hurt him and I whisper, "I love you" and I kiss his cheek. I smile down at him and get off the bed. I go over to the chair next to Cam's and tried to get comfortable, but it wasn't easy at all. 

The entire night, I was turning trying to get comfortable. I kept looking at the position Cam was sleeping in and trying to copy that, but it wasn't working. I gave up and just sat there on my phone and didn't sleep at all. Once morning came around, nurses came in and checked on Nash. I would smile at them and they would check him and walk right out. Once it got around 8, Cam woke up and said, "Holy shit I'm sore" I nod my head and say, "Yeah I couldn't get comfortable, so I didn't sleep" he laughs and says, "You should probably go home for the nights cause I think I'm going to do that" I nod my head and we went down to get breakfast. 

As we were eating, I ask him, "Cam, what do you think happened?" he puts down his fork and says, "I don't know I honestly think it might have been a gang or something.. But I don't know it could've been anything." I nod my head in agreement. "So what even happened? Like I thought he was going to stay at your house overnight?" Cam says and I say, "Yeah I offered the driver to take him home, but he said no." He laughs a little and says, "Yeah the stubborn Nash" I smile for the first time in a while. "Yeah.. Are the guys coming today?" I ask Cam and he nods his head. It was really nice of all of them to come and support Nash and to check on him.

When everyone came, they all said how sorry they feel to me and stuff. It was nice, but I mean it was a little much. I smiled at all of them and told them it was okay. Tay came by and she really helped me. She took me for a walk and tried to cheer me up and it kind of worked. She was trying to get me to go home. I finally caved and went back to Nash's room. I said bye to everyone and took one last look at Nash and Tay took me out of the hospital and right back home. Right when I walked in the door, I smelled food and it smelled like heaven. I haven't had good food in forever. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a lot of food and talked to my aunt about what happened with Nash. I walked upstairs and into my room and laid down on the bed. I was totally beat from not sleeping last night. But, I really need to shower. I hopped in the shower quickly and got right in bed. I close my eyes and have no trouble falling asleep. 

I didn't like leaving you guys hanging so here you go!:) Thanks so much for reading and let me know what you guys thought I love reading your comments!:)~K