Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Madison's P.O.V.

What was that?

How did he just manage to get out of a hospital bed, and walk out like nothing after all of the days that he had spent laying there unconscious.

"Xavier, wait where are you going?" I shouted as I walked out of the hospital room trying to follow after him.

"Whats wrong with you, you can't just leave like this. You're not well yet," I shouted as I watched him turn a corner that led towards the exit.

"Where is he going?" I asked one of the guards that had been stationed outside of his hospital room for days now.

"I don't know Luna."

"Well then I'm going after him. He can't just leave me here without so much as a goodbye after I've been staying by his side for days."

.............

"I've been here for days waiting for you to wake up, and you're just going to leave me like that," I shouted once in the hallway.

"Luna, he's gone," his guard announced coming up to me from one of the other hallways.

"Where is he?"

"I don't know."

"I have a feeling you do now tell me where he is or I'll just have to go find out myself."

"I'm not authorized to disclose any information to you."

"What do you mean not authorized, by who?" I asked as I stared him down.

"I-"

"You know what forget it, I'll figure out what I need to know on my own," I spoke as I turned on my heels heading straight for the exit.

I had a feeling I knew where Xavier was and if I was right then I was going to have trouble getting to him.

"I can't let you leave," the guard spoke up again blocking my path.

"I'm heading to the pack house. What I can't even go there to shower and have a decent meal after days of staying here by my sick mate who just up and leaves without another word directed towards me. Is that what you're going to tell me?" I asked as my anger rose to levels that hadn't experienced in a long time.

"No- I'll accompany you."

"No you won't, I need to be alone right now," I said as I stepped to the side trying to go towards the exit again.

"Alpha's orders, I am to accompany you where ever you go," he said as he grabbed hold of my upper arm preventing me from moving any further at least for the time being.

"Get your hand off of me before I rip it off," I soke menacingly as I turned to stare him down counting the seconds in my head it took him to do so.

"I'm sorry Luna," he said removing it as if my skin had burned him.

I ignored his last words and took off running towards the exit this time not stopping even after he shouted after me.

Once I maneuvered my way through the hospital I made it to the bottom floor and through the exit, shifting as soon as my feet touched the pavement.

The moment I felt my four paws land I took off towards the right running through the main road before making it to the woods on the other side.

First his uncle kidnaps me.

Then he locks me in a room.

Then he abandons me at the hospital without so much of a word of gratitude for being by his side

Maybe everyone was right, maybe this relationship or whatever this is we have together was doomed to fail.

I continued running ignoring all of the sounds and curious faces of other wolves that I passed by on my way to my destination.

I don't care what he was doing, but he was going to have to listen to me.

I continued running speeding up every once in a while as my anger gained more steam, when I realized that I was being followed by three other wolves.

Annoyed I stopped running and turned around to face them catching them by surprise.

I let out a warning growl and stood my ground. While they stood there and bared their teeth at me making no other signs of approaching me.

Annoyed I growled at them one last time before taking off again, this time pushing myself past my limit trying to remember all of those races I had with Chase.

After about ten minutes of running I turned my head and noticed they were still on my heels.

I growled in frustration coming to a stop yet again.

I went behind a tree to shift and came back out when I was back in human form.

"Stop following me," I said to the three wolves.

"No can do Luna," the one in the middle said as he avoided looking at me after he shifted into his human form.

"I won't say it again. Stop following me or I'll make sure to run while under your watch."

I then shifted again following what remained of Xavier's scent to a building that I presumed was the prison judging by the amount of guards standing outside.

I knew he was in there, and I also had a very good guess about what he was doing.