Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Madison's P.O.V.

"I thought you said that you would spend more time with me," I said to Xavier.

"I am, but this meeting is important, and I can't miss it," he replied as he finished putting on his shoes, so that he could leave.

I was on the bed laying back on it still in my sleeping wear just listening to him tell me why he had to leave and couldn't stay with me.

"Your alpha right, I'm sure missing one meeting won't do any bad," I said starring up at the ceiling just listening to him take in a few deep breaths before getting up from the couch where he had been sitting.

"Since I became alpha I have never missed one meeting, for whatever reason," he said just standing there in the middle of the room.

"So are you saying that if I was dying, and you had a meeting, you would rather go to it, then be with me," I said as I sat up to look him over.

"That is not what I'm saying, if that were to ever happen, I would be right next to you, not at some meeting, but nothing like that is happening, so I'm going."

"What is so important about that meeting, anyway?"  I asked him.

I noticed him turn towards the door, before looking back at me as if debating whether to tell me something or not.

"Security things," he blandly replied keeping on a serious face.

"That's it?" I asked unsure if he was telling me the truth.

"Yes, now I'm leaving, Mandy, and another guard that I assigned for you will be here in five minutes, behave," he said as he went to open the door.

"Wait one more thing," I said walking up to him.

"What is it?"

"This," I said wrapping my arms around his neck to give him a kiss on the lips which he gladly accepted.

I pulled away to catch my breath still not moving away from him instead keeping myself against his chest, not that he seemed to mind.

"What was that for?" he asked starring into my eyes.

I noticed that his eyes were swirling with the color of his wolf for a few seconds before they went back to their normal dark blue color that I loved.

"Good luck," I said giving him a smile before pulling away.

"Maybe more of that would help," he said grabbing me by the waist with one of his arms to press me against him.

"Didin't you have a meeting to go to," I said letting out a laugh enjoying this.

He looked down at his watch to check the time before looking back up at me, as if debating what he should do.

"Your right I do," he said before bringing his head down to kiss me once more this time more gently then the first.

"I'll be back at six," he said before he let go of my waist, and walked out of the room leaving me standing there by myself.

I went into the hallway watching his retreating form walk down the hall towards the stairs. At the time I couldn't help, but just think of how perfect he was.

I felt like I could trust him with everything.

Walking back into the room I grabbed a towel, and headed for the bathroom to shower. If what Xavier had said was right then Mandy, and the other guard that he has assigned to watch me like he put it would be here soon.