Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Madison's P.O.V.

"For years now we have managed to keep them out, and now all of a sudden they're crossing into our territory like it's freaking no one's land."

There were rouges crossing into the territory, and he hadn't told me anything about it?

"Why now of all times?" I heard Xavier say from the other side of the door sounding frustrated.

"Maybe it's because they've found out that you have just found, your mate, and see her as your weak spot," a voice said from the other side.

"I don't have weak spots."

"That was before, you found your mate."

"Maybe, now that you have her with you, they see her as the one thing that can harm you, or even break you."

I heard a thump from the other side of the door, and decided that it was time for me to get out of there, before I was caught eavesdropping on their conversation.

Quickly while making the least amount of noise as possible, I ran towards the kitchen, in search of Mandy, and some type of proper meal.

"Mandy, where are you?" I asked the second I stepped into the kitchen, looking around for her, and not seeing her.

As I stepped farther in to the kitchen, I began to hear voices coming from the window that was in front of the sink, so I took a look, and spotted none other then Mandy, talking well more like fighting with Grant.

I didn't intend of listening in on their conversation, but even as I rummaged through the fridge which was to the far left of the kitchen away from the window both of their voices could still be heard.

"I already told you Grant, I'm not ready," Mandy shouted.

"Then when will you be, it's been weeks, just come home already," Grant pleaded.

"Give me time, okay, that's all I'm asking for," she said.

"What do you need time for, you're my mate, we're supposed to be together, and yet, you refuse to come home."

"Give me time Grant, how do you think I feel, one day I think I know the person I sleeping next to every night trust them completely, and the next I figure out that you're helping Xavier, and plotting to kill dozens of innocent people, I can't be with a person who hides things from me like that."

"They are not innocent Mandy, and you know it."

"Did you see them kill, our pack members no you didn't. You weren't the only person to lose someone close to you that night, Grant, I lost my dad, too, and you don't see me trying to seek vengeance against a pack, that we aren't even sure was involved."

"I kept a secret from you, I know, and I'm sorry, okay, but please come home, I'll do anything, I'm miserable without you."

"Give me a few days, please."

"Two days Mandy, two days, is all I'm giving you."

"Fine, two days, then," I heard her say before the sound of clothes being shredded was heard, and Mandy walked right back into the kitchen through the door on the side.

"Madison," she said when she noticed I was in the kitchen.

"Hi," I said finding nothing else to say to her, from my spot on the kitchen Island.

"Did you, you know, hear all that?" she asked pushing a strand of her blond hair to the back of her ear.

"Sort of."