Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Madison's P.O.V.

"I was going to attack your pack," Xavier said not sounding even the slightest bit regretful.

Hearing him say those seven words made my blood boil, but this time instead of going crazy like I did before I held all my anger in, and waited for him to continue.

To give me some sort of explanation as to why I shouldn't drop everything, and head back to my old pack like I wanted to do.

Tightening my hold on the spoon in my hand until my knuckles turned white, and my fingers began to ache I waited what seemed like an eternity for him to continue.

"Aren't you going to say anything?" he questioned his eyes shifting back and forth from mine, and the tight hold I had on the spoon, probably being able to tell how I was containing my anger.

"I"m waiting for you to explain," I said as calmly as I could.

"So does that mean, that this time you aren't going to threaten me with leaving?"

I thought twice about what I was going to say before answering him, knowing that if I said the wrong thing I was going to be kept locked in this room for a much larger period of time.

"Yes, now tell me why you were going to attack my pack?" I said putting emphasis on the word were.

I watched him lean back into his chair, and get this glassy look in his eyes making him seem almost vulnerable, before it disappeared, and the serious demeanor he always wore returned.

I blinked a couple of times, to clear my thought of Xavier for once since i had met him looking vulnerable, before looking back up at him.

"You were never supposed to find out," he said looking up ahead instead of at me again sounding like a vulnerable child needing someone to reach out to him.

I was going to stand, and walk over to him, to hold him in my arms, and comfort him, but then I remembered why we were having this conversation in the first place.

"What that you were thinking of attacking my pack?" I asked starring at him.

"No, not that."

"Then what?" I asked finally loosening my hold on the spoon, which didn't go unnoticed by Xavier.

"Six years ago my pack was attacked by a group of rogues lead by my uncle, and by a pack that allied with him to destroy us."

 "What does that have to do with what were discussing?" I asked not getting what this had to do with anything.

"Everything."

"How."

"Because Madison that pack that allied with my uncle just so happens to be yours."

"This is unbelievable, you're accusing my pack of attacking yours and allying with your uncle, when he was the one that kidnapped my mom as a baby, why would my pack do that, they have no motive."

"And this is exactly how I knew you would react," he spoke sitting back into his chair.

"Well how else would I react, when your saying something so absurd. I refuse to believe that."

"Then you are just keeping yourself from the truth," he said as he went to stand up.

"Wait," I said reaching towards him, and grabbing hold of his wrist with my hand.

"What?" He responded turning back to look at me.

I took a deep breath before speaking," I said that I would listen, so I will."