Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Madison's P.O.V.

"What is there to talk about? Hand over my mate before I kill you, and your group of rogues. This is the last time I warn you," my mate growled out.

"I'm not giving her to you, until we speak."

"Your surrounded I don't think you are in any position to be calling the shots here. Now hand her over there is nothing to speak about between us."

"There is unfinished family business that needs to be settled between us nephew. I didn't come all this way for nothing."

What family business was he talking about?

Could my dad have been right, did my mate have contact with his uncle, the same one who had caused so much pain to my mom, and our family.

"There is nothing to be settled between us."

"Just give me a few minutes Xavier please, you need to forgive me for what happened," Demetri said almost pleadingly. Demetri appeared to be one of the most frightening men that I had ever met, and yet here he was pleading with Xavier for his forgiveness.

He must really care deeply for him if he was going through the risk of entering his territory that even rogues did not like to trespass into just for Xavier to forgive him.

What did Demetri want forgiveness for?

"I will never forgive you for what you caused, nothing that you will ever do will be enough for me to forgive what you did."

"Xavier, you have to understand I never intended for any of that to happen. I just want things to go back to the way they used to be between us when you were younger. Do you remember how close we used to be back then?"

"It's to late for that uncle, nothing could ever go back to how it used to be before, nothing."

"I'm your uncle, the only living family that you have left, everyone else is gone, family should stick together. Isn't that what your mother always said?"

"You have no right to bring them up, if it were't for you I would still have them here," Xavier shouted with the most hate filled voice that I had ever hear anyone use.

Anyone else would say that he was angry, and hateful, but I could hear the pain behind his words.It might have been because I was his mate that I could tell, but I bet anyone who lost both their parents would feel the same way he was feeling now.

What did Xavier mean by saying that if it wasn't for Demetri his parents would still be alive.

Was it his fault that his parents were dead?

"It was a stupid mistake, I never meant for any of that to happen."

"It was a stupid mistake then why did you kill both of my parents, your own sister? If it was a stupid mistake then why did you go through with it," Xavier said.

"I was young, and stupid I wanted revenge against your father. I never wanted to kill Melissa she was my younger sister, I loved her. I never wanted any harm to come to her, it's all those untrustworthy rogues faults. They should have listened to my orders, they should have, but they didn't."

The rogue that was carrying me shifted to his weight to his other foot when Demetri said that. He must not have like Demetri's comment about rogues.

"Don't put your faults on someone else, you were the mastermind behind everything weren't you? In the end you got what you wanted didn't you? To kill my father for not joining you in your plans. You didn't have enough with that though you had to kill my mother too."