Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Madison's P.O.V.

"I don't think this is healthy, you should really go out. You haven't shifted in days, and all you do is sit here," Shane said to me as I sat besides Xavier's bed.

"What are you talking about I'm perfectly fine. I can go a few days without shifting."

"Maybe one or two, but six," he exclaimed as he tugged on his hair.

"I already told you that I'm fine."

"He wouldn't want you to be like this," Shane said before walking out without so much as a goodbye.

I still don't see what the big deal is, I can handle a few days without shifting.

I would have to be able to handle it because I wasn't moving from this hospital until Xavier opened his eyes.

"Luna we have a problem," Max said stepping into the room.

"If this is about Demetri than just tell Shane that he can deal with it," I said unwilling to see or even speak about him one more time.

"No this time it isn't about him," Max said.

"Then what is it?" I asked as I stood suddenly curious.

"We're tracking six wolves from the Midnight Moon pack making their way here."

"What?" I said.

I thought that if I ignored Jason's phone calls he would give up trying to contact me, but what does he do.

Show up.

"Do they seem like a threat?"

"It's unclear, but we'll find out soon enough. A pack member just informed me that they have just arrived and are asking permission to enter our territory."

"Come with me, we're going out to meet them," I said as I stood releasing hold of Xavier's hand.

They were my family, and if anyone could calm them down it was me.

"We need more people it's not safe for just the two of us to go," Max spoke.

"Fine you have five minutes to get three other guys here, or I'm leaving alone," I said as I went to sit by Xavier again my eyes immediately looking at him for a second before turning to the clock.

"They are on their way."

"Good."

Exactly five minutes later I stood and walked towards the door.

"I said five minutes and it looks like they're up," I spoke to Max.

"Good they just got here they are waiting in front of the hospital."

"You got lucky," I said as we went down the hallway and out the door.

"Hello guys we're sort of in a rush," I said just before I shifted, and Max led the way towards our destination.

When we arrived I was surprised to see who had came with Jason.

In the pack of wolves standing in front of me I recognized Jason, Chase, and three other guys that I practically grew up with.

I quickly gave them a nod before going back to shift behind a few bushes before stepping out.

"What is this unexpected visit about?" I asked as I looked back to see the pack members that I had brought with me eyeing us with distrust.

It seemed that I still wasn't fully trusted around here.

"We came here to speak with Xavier," Jason spoke as he watched me carefully.

"He's unavailable right now," a voice said from behind me, before I turned to find that it was Shane who didn't even turn to look at me.

"This is important," Jason said.

"If you came all the way here I'm guessing that it is, but seeing as you didn't call ahead our alpha didn't set up any time to meet with you. Next time I suggest a simple phone call. Now I suggest you leave."

"That isn't your call to make," Jason replied looking towards me.

"Shane I-"

"I am beta of this pack and I am responsible for this pack when Xavier is occupied that is until he says otherwise," Shane said in all seriousness.

"I am the Luna of this pack I have as much of a say or maybe even more than you."

"Not right now you don't," he said as he eyed Jason who was looking between us watching everything play out.

"I suggest you leave now," Shane spoke.

"We're not leaving until we see Demetri," Jason announced.

"You come into our land to demand things, why am I not surprised. No one is to speak with Demetri especially someone from your pack; alpha's orders."

"My pack," Jason said.

"Yes your pack you're not welcome here. Now leave."

"You have nothing to say on this," Jason said.

"No apparently I don't have a say, but I will have a talk with Xavier about this," I told Jason.

"Fine, we're leaving but we'll be back for that meeting," he said before he shifted and left along with the pack members he had brought along.

"What was that?" I said Shane once Jason has disappeared.

"It is what Xavier would want," he replied.

"I am-"

"I know who you are, but one thing will never change here and that is Xavier's hatred for your pack. I simply did what he would have wanted," he said as he walked away.

He was followed by every pack member that had accompanied me except Tom who stayed back.

"Like I said before, this pack still doesn't want me here," I said to Tom before shifting and running back towards the hospital.

Once I got there I entered the hospital in my wolf form, shifting back once I had reached Xavier's room to get dressed.

When I came out of the bathroom fully dressed, I went back to my spot next to Xavier talking his hand.

"At least now your wolf is more calm thanks to that run," Tom said as he opened the door.

"Yeah I guess."

"I don't want to get you any angrier, but Shane is right."

"Thanks Tom that so doesn't get me angrier," I said sarcastically.

"I'm just telling you how things are. Our pack cut ties with yours long ago, for reasons that everyone here knows. That's why it's going to be hard trying to amend that relationship."

"I'm still a little fuzzy on those reason that everyone here knows."

"Didn't Xavier tell you?"

"Yes he did but my family seems to have a different version of how things went down."

"We only know one way, and that's how things happened. "

"Even if its not the truth?"

"Yes, now the truth doesn't even matter to most of the people here, because regardless of it we still lost loved ones. Including our Alpha and Luna, and no pack would be quick to forget that."

..........................................................................................................................

Author's Note: I've had this chapter for a while, and i finally finished the ending today so enjoy