Chapter 5-The Ambush

I head towards the microphone on the stage near the statue.I see everyone stare at me as I grab the mic and say,"Hey Eden I'm happy to be here and this is a very beautiful island,"I hear then the crowd roars.I jump off the stage when I see a boy with a hod over his face so I'm uncertain on what his face looks like.He waves his hand that he wants to talk to me I walk toward him he grabs be and pushes me over I think he is about to mug me so I grab him and throw him he sticks on the wall and says,"I am impressed with you skill Adan,"he says with a smile I can see."Who are you,"I say walking slowly near him he takes off his hood and he looks like the other villagers they are all African,"Why do you want to talk to me,"I ask."To tell you a warning that this Island isn't how it is you and your friends are all in grave danger you have to leave quickly as possible,"he says looking serious."Why?"I ask him in a loud tone,"I cannot tell you if I do they will kill me and possibly you,"he says I head back into the crowd.

                    *Janise's P.O.V*

   I see Adan on stage looking confident he talks on the mic and I hear his words as they flow through my ears.I turn to walk and try to find a shop with good food I see one with a few chicken legs I grab two because Adan might be done with his speach.I walk around the crowd when Isac takes one of the chicken legs meant for Adan,"Isac give that back Adan might be hungry,"I say,"You care about him cool Janise he's okay I'll deliver it for you alright,"I nod and he walks away.Once I start to turn the other way I bump into a person,"Sorry mister I didn't see you,"I say walking away.I feel a hand on my shoulder and I'm turned around I'm face to face with a complete stranger,"Im Mike you must be the pretty girl that is Adans friend your Janise,"he says with a smile.He lets go of my shoulder I turn red because I feel special because he thinks I'm pretty,"Thank you,"I say as I start to walk away I hear him talk but he doesn't grab me,"Care to dance with me Janise if you don't know don't worry I won't let you fall I promise."He says I nod with my face all red in blushes he grabs my hand and we start dancing to the song and he says,"You have amazing hair I never seen any girl with hair that beautiful,"he says as I smile still red with blushes,"Thank you,"I manage to say feeling so special.

   Once the song is over I turn to leave and he grabs me and his lips meet mine I don't get angry but surprised.I feel very relaxed during the kiss I see how wonderful Mike is his muscles hold me in protection until I hear Adan shout,"JANISE!"I turn to him quickly as he picks me up off my feet and starts running to the limo where everyone else is standing.

                        *Adan's P.O.V*

I look around for Janise knowing that she hurt saddened me I brought her here.I look near the middle and I see her kissing someone I don't know, then I see two men with machetes walking near her,"JANISE,"I shout as I run with all my strength at her I pick her up and start taking off towards the limo.I tell everyone to get into the limo,"Why.........what happened,"I hear Veronica say,"I will explain later right now we head back to the limo and get our stuff and get out,"I say.We get in the limo with me driving I don't trust Jack at all Peter was right this Island isn't how it is Janise was about to be killed if I wasn't there.I drive quickly towards Haven we all rush out I burst into the door and go into my room and grab my clothes out and put them on my luggage once I head out I see.everyone but Janise ready I head toward her room and see her clothes in her luggage I quickly zip it up and she says,"Adan why did you take me away from him,"Janise says with a small cry sit next to her and say,"I was protecting you now we-,""Protect me from what!I was only kissing him he wouldn't hurt me,"she says yelling,"No that is not it Janise listen-," "No lets just leave,"she says grabbing her bag and walking out.

   I drive quickly to the airport when I hear shooting first the glass gets marked then the second shot happens the entire windshield shatters."Everybody get down!"I shout as I drive even faster once we reach the plane we're only a few yards apart then I see the whole plane explode that sends me in the air I hit the ground I hear a lot of footsteps and I see Janise walk and takes a knee next to me,"Adan wake up please we need you please Adan we need you I need you,"Janise says I get up and see two guy with knives I run at them dodging their hits I disarm one of them and knee his face and he gets knocked out then suddenly I feel as if someone hit me hard on the back of the head I hear Janise scream,"ADAN!"then she runs planting her head on my chest then she says,"I'm sorry,"