A Really Bad Day

August Pov

Practiced went pretty smooth. Karma was on her phone the whole time. She never looked up.

"August," Sierra said through the mic, "I need you to focus and get on beat." I puffed out a long huff. I heard Downtown start over. I nodded my head catching the beat.

"Word around a nigga got shot

Heard a nigga drew down' and he bucked so his ass got popped

We was on my block trying to move these Rocks

Trying to stacm this cash on the low, gotta duck these cops

We was off third and polock chilling in the back of the tracks

Niggas got packs, trying to get them racks." was all I could sing. My voiced cracked. Sierra stopped the song and dragged her hands down here face.

"That's a wrap," she sighed. I don't know why she being all bitchy. I shrugged and walked out of the booth.

"August," Sierra said shaking her head, "you need vocal lessons." She said it all harsh like I couldn't sing.

"My voice is fine," I spatt back like a teenager.

"August it's for your career and I'm not giving you a choice it's a command," she walked to get her things, "meet her at three tomorrow don't be late."

I walked behind her to go out the door.

"Oh and that little girlfriend of yours is aloud back in this room, understand?" I nodded my head. I saw Karma outside with her beats on shaking her leg. Oh shit somethings wrong with her. She stared at the floor with her jaw clenched. I grabbed her hand and pulled her up. She got up and looked at me like a devil.

I let go of her hand and she stomped all the way outside. I thought she was going to the car but she passed it and got in another. The driver looked like a male. I walked to the car but as soon as I approached it, it sped off.

I called Karma's phone. It went straight to voicemail. I sighed in frustration. I walked back to the car and drove home.

When I got there the car that Karma got in was pulling out the driveway. I tried to see who the driver was but the Windows were tented. I got out the car and opened the door. I jumped on the couch.

I had a bad day. A really bad day...

Karma Pov

"You think he's gonna get mad?" Stephon asked not taking his eyes off the rode. Stephon works with me at Children's Mercy Hospital.

"Nope," I said popping the P, "all I'm doing is going to work."

Uh-oh I see drama stirring. Well this is what you get for listening to other people, Karma AND August. So are you guys having a happy New Year's. I spent 9 to 1:30 at church. So I didn't count down/Turn up. But hope ya did.

6 votes...two comments...