From The Heart

Karma pov

I set at the end of my mothers hospital  bed. I shook my head at my behavior. I haven't seen my mom in over five years. Five years. And any minute, any second... she can be gone in a flash. Her eyes haven't opened in the 2 hours I've been here.  I felt like ashamed. I neglected my mother. The one who birthed me for 16 hours.

"It's not your fault Kam," Jackson said slowly massaging my shoulders. Jackson left for the Marienes when I turned 14. After he left I only had August. My mother and I's relationship was dented.

" I know but," I choked on some words, " it's just that I haven't spent anytime with her."

I cried silently. He hugged me tight. He rocked me very slowly.

" How bout you go home and get some sleep," he said softly.

I slowly got up. I walked to the bed where my mother lay. I kissed her forehead gently. I smiled at her worn out skin. I then gave Jackson a long big hug. He kissed my forehead also and wiped my tears away.

I than headed out the door to go home.

I sat on my porch. It was only 11:30 and tommorow I went job hunting. I unlocked the door and I almost got knocked down by August.  I just broke down on his shoulder. Iyanna came and padded my back. I shook my head as the hot tears stormed out of my eyes.

Finally I pulled away. I looked at August. He had his head down.

"I'm sorry Eight," I said using his old nick name. I walked up stairs in a daze I walked to my room and grabbed my laptop. I completed almost everything. Just then August came in. He walked to my bed and sat down making the bend heavy on his side.

" I'm spending a night," he whispered in the darkness of the room.

"Okay," was all I said. I then turned off the light. I felt August shift around in the bed. Then he laid down and I could feel his bare skin as he pulled me closer to him. I kissed him softly on the lips. I tried to pull away but he pulled me back. He added more passion to the kiss making my onside tingle a little. Before I knew it he was on top of me....

Okay...3 votes 3 comments...