Chapter XXXVIII

"Keep on working. Why? Because if you do, you'll get the happy ending you desire." ~A quote by me
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We celebrated our victory and defeat of Xemnas."Gosh, you all did great!" King Mickey complimented our efforts.

Riku's face fell as he walked away. Sora and I followed him. His back was to us so I placed a hand on his shoulder. "Riku, what's wrong?" I tipped my head to the side, confused.

"You're coming back with us, right?" Sora asked, a concerned look on his face.

"I had given in to the darkness," Riku snapped.

"Riku!" Sora cried.

"How'm I going to face everyone?" Riku asked, looking at his hand.

"Like this?" Sora squished his face and opened his mouth, making his eyes go cross-eyed.

Riku snorted and burst out laughing while I giggled. Of course Sora could convince Riku otherwise. He just had that kind of power. The castle shook and we tried to steady ourselves so we wouldn't fall. "Hurry!" King Mickey warned.

"I'll open a path!" Riku declared as he held out his hand, waiting for a Corridor of Darkness to appear. When nothing happened, he took his hand back and spread them out again.

"You don't belong in the dark realm anymore, Riku," King Mickey explained.

"How do we get out of here, Your Majesty?" Donald asked.

"Hmm..." King Mickey pondered that question.

A Corridor of Darkness suddenly opened for for us. King Mickey and Donald ran up to the portal. "Who did this?" Donald said.

"Welp, I'm not sure," King Mickey shrugged. "But we better hurry and get through."

A yellow dog with black, narrow, floppy ears and a green collar appeared and ran around the King, barking, excited to see him again. "Hey!" Donald cried as the dog dashed into the portal.

"Wait for me!" Goofy cried as he ran in also.

King Mickey jumped in. "C'mon!" Donald urged us to follow as he jumped in.

Naminé appeared in front of the portal and turned to face Kairi and Sora. Even though it was her, she was see-through. Roxas came out from Sora's body as they talked. I took a step forward but Riku stopped me, placing a hand on my shoulder and shaking his head. "But, I wanted to say goodbye," I whined. "And...thank her for what she has done."

"I know," Riku nodded. "But this is between Sora, Kairi, Naminé and Roxas. You'll get your chance some other time."

"But if I don't?" I retorted.

"You will," Riku nodded.

Naminé grabbed Kairi's hand and smiled as she faded away into the light. Kairi glowed from being reunited with Naminé. Roxas faded back into the light and Sora glowed from being reunited with Roxas as well. Sora felt himself out of confusion of what just happened. "Don't worry," Riku smiled. "You're all still you."

"Hey, let's go home," Kairi said. I went ahead towards the portal and grabbed Kairi's hand and we waited for Sora and Riku to follow.

"Riku...c'mon," Sora urged.

"Yeah," Riku nodded with a smile as he and Sora approached the portal. The portal began to flicker and shake, as if it was becoming unstable.

"Sora! Riku!" Kairi cried as she reached out to them.

I reached my hand out as well. "C'mon!" I urged. "Grab my hand!"

Riku and Sora dashed to the portal, hands outstretched. As Riku's fingers brushed against mine, the portal closed. Kairi and I were trapped into the darkness. I felt the heavy feeling on my chest of the darkness suffocating me.

But, then we were pushed out of the portal and back onto our home island. Destiny Island. Donald, Goofy, King Mickey, and the dog were there. We were back home, but where was Sora and Riku now? "Where's Sora and Riku...?" King Mickey stammered.

"I...I don't know," I muttered. What do we do now? We were so close to our happy ending. It has been one long of a year for all of us, and more than anything I just wanted to be back home with my best friends.

Something caught Kairi's eye from the sky. "Look!" She cried, pointing at the sky.

We all looked up as two blue shooting stars fell from the sky and into the ocean.

I blinked with confusion. Wait a second, the sun was barely setting yet, how could we see shooting stars with all this light. Unless...no way...could it be...?

Sora and Riku burst out from the ocean as they treaded water. I screamed with delight and shook Kairi. "THERE THEY ARE!!!" I squealed.

I released Kairi and she and I waved to them. "Sora! Riku!" We cried.

Sora and Riku smiled as they swam over to us. Once they reached the shore Goofy jumped onto Sora and was followed by Donald. Sora collapsed from all the weight that was put on him and they hugged Sora tightly. King Mickey jumped into Riku's arm and Riku swung him around, lifting him into the air.

Donald and Goofy nuzzled Sora, glad to have him back. I let some happy tears stream down my face and covered my mouth, grinning ear-to-ear behind my hand as King Mickey and Riku walked onto the shore. King Mickey, seeing how ecstatic I was, laughed as he left Riku's side. I immediately sprinted towards him and jumped, holding my arms out as I tackled Riku back into the water. I laughed as Riku cried out as we fell. I didn't cared if we got wet from the water as I held onto him tightly.

I finally released the poor thing and stood up, leaning over as I gave Riku a closed-eye smile and held my hand out, helping him back up. Once he was standing back on dry land again, I hugged Riku tightly once more. "Sorry," I sheepishly smiled into Riku's chest. "Even though we were together all that time and were only apart for a short period of time...I still feel like we've been away from each other for a year."

"Yeah," Riku nodded as he wrapped his arms around my waist, causing my cheeks to flush red like the ripest strawberries.

"Just kiss already!" Sora yelled while being suffocated by Donald and Goofy.

I rolled my eyes as I pushed away from Riku. He chuckled and ruffled my hair. Kairi laughed as she bent over so she could be at Sora's level as he pulled out the good luck charm Kairi gave him over a year ago. He grinned and took Kairi's hand, secretly sneaking in the good luck charm to give it back to her.

I smiled and took Riku's hand into mine, our finger intertwining together. This is perfect. This is the ending I desired. To think this all started from building a raft and a ocean storm.