Chapter XXIV

"A big job always comes with danger. A legitimate job is supposed to be dull." ~Orga Itsuka (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We arrived in Port Royal and as soon as we got off the Gummi Ship, there was a scuttling noise and we looked around, wondering where it came from. "That's coming from the port," Donald said.

"Let's check it out," Sora nodded. We headed off to the Harbor to find Captain Jack fighting off some skeletal pirates, "Jack!" Sora cried.

"Zola!" He shouted. "Some assistance!"

"That's SORA, Donald, Goofy, and Sakura!" Sora yelled back.

"Will ye leave a mate to perish?" Captain Jack sighed.

"Aye aye..." Sora groaned and rolled his eyes.

We fought off the skeletal pirates using our magic, just like what Pete told us at time we were here. Once the fight was over, Sora stated, "Those pirates were cursed. I though we seen the last of the curse of the Aztec gold...what gives?"

"Some scallywag must've gotten greedy," Captain Jack guessed. We have him a suspicious look. "Oh, I see," Captain Jack  laughed. "You don't trust me, do you?" We nodded. "Likely a wise choice. I AM a pirate, mates."

"Jack! Sora! Sakura!" A voice yelled.

We turned around to see Elizabeth running up to us. "Elizabeth!" Sora cried.

Captain Jack turned to leave. "Wait, Jack!" She panted. "I need your help! The cursed pirates have returned. Will had to find out why...so he went to Isla de Mureta-to check on the Aztec treasure. I fear something's happened. You have to take me to him."

"Aye, there it is," Captain Jack shrugged. "If you'll be wanting him rescued, best to do it alone, if lass."

"Alone?" Elizabeth cried. "Really, Jack? Sail to the island and take on the cursed pirates?"

"Well, if any lass could..." Captain Jack started.

"Are you sure he's in trouble?" Sora asked.

"No," Elizabeth shook her head. "Not certain. But he's been gone too long. I wanted to go with him, but he insisted I stay here. I can't just sit and wait! I've got to know if he's all right."

"Lucky man..." Captain Jack smirked.

"Please, Jack," Elizabeth begged. "Take me to him!"

"Hold a moment," Captain Jack said. "I see no profit in it for me."

"I shall reward you later," Elizabeth promised. "Of course...you do owe Will. He has saved your life before."

"Right," Captain Jack nodded. "Shall we?"

We got aboard the Black Pearl and set sail. Besides for the few ambushes from the Heartless on our way to the Isla de Mureta, the trip was a smooth trip. Goofy leaned against the railing of the ship, placing a hand over his eyes as he squinted. He then yelled, "Interceptor off the starboard bow!"

We ran over to investigate. There was another ship out there with us, and there, slumped over the railing, was Will. "Will!" Elizabeth screamed. Captain Jack raised his arms in surrender. "Stop that, Jack," she growled. "We've got to rescue him!"

*~*~*~*~*~

Elizabeth cradled Will in her arms in captain's stateroom. "Will, wake up," she pleaded as she gently slapped his cheeks.

Will groaned as he opened his eyes. "Elizabeth..." he mumbled.

"What happened?" Elizabeth asked.