Humpty Dumpty

Where were we before? Here we are now.

But dreams are mirrors and men love throwing stones. Glass shatters, falls into jagged pieces. Pick them up, risk getting cut. Careful now, don't let the children near.
Silence now.
I can see your face, laughing - you're a child now. Ashes. Ashes. We all fall down. Never hold my hand - love can stand without a walking stick.
Silence now.
Walking on a fine line. On a unicycle, on the thinnest side. Snap. Snap. But still not falling. Hanging by the fine line. How can anyone save you if there is only you?
Silence now.
Remember the stairwell. "I'll love you forever." Love stands with a walking stick. Trip. Fall. Right over a wall. All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put her together again.
Silence now.
Cinderella lost her slipper. The prince searched and searched. Shoved it onto the foot of the evil sister. They lived happily ever after if after is sweet hemlock.
Silence now.
Birds sing. Rays of sun dance. Barefoot into the snow. Snow is thawing. Rags in trend. Chitter chatter. Teeth grind. Sweep forward. Slip. Fall. No, I'm fine. Humpty is used to being broken.
Silence now.
A race. You're an athlete. Run until you've run so far you lose. Snap. Snap. They're snapping pictures. Make a face. A broken smile. Look good for them. They're family now. Humpty had fallen on the ground.
Silence now.
Whisper. Tell me. Tell me. I wouldn't tell a soul. Locked your secrets in me. Knew I was a seal shut. Secrets veiled from even you before. But the seal is broken. Secrets vanished in the ground. The ground. You know what happens to those who fall on the ground.
Silence now.
He loves me. He loves me not. Maybe, baby. Sing to me. Wrap me in rags and bury me. Do not cry. I am no martyr.
Silence now.
Look around.

Where were we before? Here we are now.