The Lovers: Sun and Moon

The still orange water reflects more than sunlight - rather the whole heaven above, a canopy of beauty and peace. There is something saddening about the sunset tonight. It is as though everything is fading, and I see your face in the Sun as it hides shyly behind the mountains. The orange turns grey and I exhale the breath I have kept inside me for so long. The Sun is going away. It is vanishing, perhaps crying behind those mountains because its time is up.
A familiar white face looks at me from afar. The sky shifts into a pale grey as the water invites the Moon's illuminated light to shimmer along with the stars. The grey turns black in time and I look at the moon. Oh, how similar am I to it! It smiles at me silently, knowingly that perhaps I even start blushing in the darkness. It isn't as boisterous or bright as the sun. Nay, the Sun is different with its powerful voice and its broad body towering over the Earth. In contrast to it, the Moon is more quiet, cold and gentle. It is more romantic. It is more melancholic.
I spread across the grasses and observe its craters. How can it be so dented and so beautiful? How can it be so dusty and shimmer? What a paradox, that Moon is...
The water is still. It is black and white. The grasses are cool and warm. The night is gentle yet frightening. Different is the Moon's temperament than the Sun's. If you saw beauty in it, it would be the most beautiful orb of light you would ever see. If you only noticed ugliness, it would constrict you with fear and terror, much like the wolf that howls in the night.
Forever different than the Sun that is eternally noisy and charming like a child's laughter. That is warm and nurturing like a child's embrace. Dear me, the Sun is a child and the Moon is its lover. What young a lover the Moon has!
But the Sun indeed died every night in order for the Moon to shine.
And indeed every night, the Moon called silently for the Sun, "Shine upon the Earth your youth and glory. Do not forget your role. I am closer to the Earth than you; I will not forget it."
"I will never leave you or the Earth out of sight, because you complete me and I you. Without us, the Earth would cease to exist, and indeed the Earth is our love," the Sun would exclaim back.
The Moon would then smile and disappear the next morning.
Forever they are parted. Forever merged. Love isn't without sacrifice.Rare are the ones that die only once. Again and again, lovers must reborn in order to rekindle such a love and mercy.

Somewhat like the lovers - Sun and the Moon.