Dearest Child of Mine

Dearest child of mine,
This world is an interesting place. It is filled with hardships and blessings. It is packed with love and hatred, turmoil and peace, content and desire. It all depends on how you perceive it.
I don't know how long this letter is going to be or whether it will ever reach your hands, but I must fulfil my obligation as a guardian of yours to tell you. You have the right to know.
There are people out in this world that will try to harm you. There are others who will give their lives to protect you from injustice even though they are a very few. People will do almost anything for money, power and cravings. This is what you have to know. They will sell their own souls for a cheap price in something that is worthless and miserly. Why are people so weak? Goodness knows I have been spared of some forms of envy so I can't quite understand some acts of others.
I am very concerned with you, my child. This world will try to deceive you in every way. It will appear a ripe fruit and taste like the sweetest of cherries, but once you have eaten it all away, you won't be content. But being content is everything you have to be worried about. How and why is quite easy. You must be honest with yourself. Don't lie if you have a craving for something dislikable. Be aware why you do certain things and why you understand concepts a certain way. Don't be blind or fooled. Don't be rash to make decisions. And above all else, be thankful and do not belittle any action of good for actions are weighed by intention and not by amount.
Don't be fooled by forms of love. I experienced some of them and I was swept away like an unanchored boat. Love is something that holds the most beauty and is quite hard to attain. One might ask: why is this? I believe it is so we will learn to value it. Things easily owned are deemed unworthy in our sight. I suppose that is why the children of today do not respect their parents, siblings and friends like they ought to.
My child, your first right as a human being is retaining your humanity. We will all make mistakes, but to take pride in them is an act of ignorance. We live in a world where immorality is celebrated, glorified - perhaps even worshipped in some traditions. We live in a world that eats junk, serves junk and nourishes our minds that have become junk. My child, if in any way you think you have become a normal citizen of the world, you should stop and with great caution think about whether you are doing the right thing. The normal people are the sheep. It is fine to become a sheep in some cases, but for that you must choose your shephard and flock. Usually the sheep of today follow wherever there is comfort despite their humanity. My child, retain your humanity.
My child, they will tell you that nothing makes sense. They will tell you nothing exists. They will tell you nothing should be respected. They will laugh at everything as a proof so that things have little value in your eyes. Ignore them, and be greater than that. Guard your tongue and heart.
My dearest, sweetest child, if you are reading this, know that there is little more I can say. Perhaps my greatest advice to you is to never lose faith, compassion and respect. Know that destiny awaits. Know that there is a time when everything will come to a stop and when you begin replaying your life over and over again, you will question the soundness of your soul.
Only it will grant you peace.
Love,
Your Mother.