Chapter 3

Zoe and I were lying on the bed in her room staring at the sealing that was covered in One Direction posters like the rest of her room. In half an hour her mom would be driving us to the bank. Apparently since I was 16 I didn’t need an adult present if I didn’t want. In all honesty I could care less Zoe said she would come with me for support. I found it weird I haven’t cried yet, I think my body forgot how to cry well others where there, maybe even when I’m alone. Zoe’s mom came into get us, she was being so nice to me I could tell she felt bad for me. When we got to the bank we were lead right into the office. “So Amy at 16 you are old enough to live on your own but that would mean you most likely wouldn’t finish school. Now you father and mother did leave you to someone it is up to you whether you go with them or not but we recommend you do.” They told me first off.

        “Who did they leave me with? We didn’t have any family?” I asked. I was glad when I felt curious seeing as I thought I had lost the ability to feel.

        “They left you with your half brother, Harold.” The banker said. I nodded as if I knew about him not wanting to seem stupid. “He left you with three quarters of what him and your mother had as well though he said to sell the house if you are under age so the house will become bank property. You will have till the end of the month to get what you want out of it.” I was shocked at how heartless the bankers were. I just kept nodding only really catching the main ideas of what I needed to know. They helped me plan the funeral and then we were done. Zoe’s mom came and got us from the bank and drove us back to their house. I was still trying to prose the fact that I have a half brother. The ride was really quiet but it was comfortable even though I usually hate the quiet I could feel Zoe looking at me.

        “Did you know you had a half brother?” She finally asked looking concerned. I think she was wondering why I never told her about him.

       “No, but now it looks like I’ll be living with him.” I said. I had decided that I would live with him so I could finish school and have someone who kind of understood what I was going through. Zoe would have tried to help but this is something that the only one who can help is yourself

Harry's POV 

       It was the day of the funeral; I was wearing black jeans, black dress shirt and a dark gray beanie. I really hope no pap’s found me the boys had an interview last night and asked people to leave me alone if they saw me. Most fans had listened I got to love ‘em for that. So far, no paps had found me. Today was the day I was supposed to meet my half sister, one of our dad’s friends who we had both met was supposed to intrados us I had a vague memories of him, his name was Joe. The funeral went by in a blur. I kept looking for girls in between 8-12 but I couldn’t find any that didn’t have a parent with them.

        At the reception Joe approached me. “Wow you’ve grown since I last saw you.” He commented as if trying to make small talk. I looked up at him and didn’t care that you could tell I had been crying. He stopped trying and gave me a sad look. “You ready to meet her?” He asked with a sad tone. I didn’t know if I was but I didn’t really have a chose.

        “Yea. Wait what’s her name?” I asked as we started to walk over to where she must be. I hadn’t really thought to find out until now, shows how good I’ll be at rising her.

        “Amy.” He answered and as he did a girl with red hair turned around to look at him. She had a shorter blond girl holding her hand. “Amy I would like you to meet Harry.” He said to the girl. She was a lot older then I thought she would be. Hell, she looked like she was the same age as me.

        “Amy I don’t mean to fan girl at a funeral especially your parents but that’s Harry Styles.” Her friend who was holding her hand tried to whisper to her. This almost made me smile, to think that my half sister had been listing to my music.

        “Zoe at any other time I would fan girl with you I just can’t right now.” Amy said in a way that made it sound like she didn’t have energy but not just that it was like she didn’t even have the energy to sound tired. Her friend nodded with understanding and seemed to have a happy, sad and confused expression all at ones. “So when the banker said Harold they meant Harry Styles. Well that’s a nice little tidbit.” Amy said with no emotion even though the words should have held sarcasm, that’s when I notice she has no sign that she has cried. No puffy or red eyes, she doesn’t even look like she is holding them back. I look into her eyes and I don’t see anything, I’ve always been able to tell emotion through eyes but hers are just… empty. Some how I could tell they used to be a bright blue green but now they were almost grey. “It’s nice to meat you Harry I just wish it were under better circumstances.” She adds being almost to polite but it seems like that’s all she knew how to do. I felt bad for her to be so empty. Most teenage girls I meet are over emotional, but she doesn’t seem to have any emotion.

        “So I take it you didn’t know about me either?” I asked glad we seemed to be on the same page. Though at the same time I was sad to hear that my dad had never talked about me to her, never acted proud about me being in a band, nothing. When he left he had told me he wasn’t leaving me and Gamma that he would always be there, I guess that was a lie.

        “Well I knew you existed I just didn’t know I had a half brother.” She said in a flat tone, not angry just flat. I looked at her curiously. “You’re in a world famous boy band Harry.” She said thinking my look was questioning.

        “Well why don’t you tell me about yourself then so it won’t be as strange?” I suggest. I thought she would be a lot younger and I don’t know maybe crying. But, she seems so closed off. The kind of walls she has don’t form over night. And I could tell she has had them for a while. I hope she would open up a bit, maybe over time.