Chapter 27

Louis’ POV

“Harry you can’t avoid them forever,” I said rubbing little circles on Harry’s back. This would usually help calm him down and relax him, but this time though he wasn’t exactly tense I could tell he was upset.

“I can avoid them when they are in the same room,” Harry grumbled into his pillow. I let out a sigh I knew how he felt, I remember when Lottie got her first boyfriend… mind you he wasn’t three four years older than her.

        “He is old for her Harry but you have to know she’s not a little girl that thinks boys have cooties,” I don’t think they should be together either. Harry rolled over to face me.

        “She is still young at heart Louis and we were having a great day today. I brought her shopping and she was having fun and being silly and opening up,” I hated seeing my best friend almost in tears. “I know shes not a child but shes not an adult either I know I can’t stop her from dating but why can’t it be one of the 5sos boys? Well not Ashton hes too old to,” I smiled a little at this comment.

        “Maybe when she meets them she will fall for one of them instead. She probably just wants someone to call hers right now and Niall is the closest to her age other than you even if they are three years difference,” she just lost her parents I know I would want to find some sort of deeper relationship.

        “I guess but if thats the case than I don’t want her to do anything she’ll regret,” I knew what Harry ment and I guess Niall might need someone to point out that he can’t sleep with Amy at least not till she turns 17.

        “I’ll talk to him Harry if he cares about her like he seems to he’ll understand that they shouldn’t do anything till she’s had time to heal more. That and he respects girls he won’t use her grief you know that,” Harry nodded.

        “Can you do it now? She’s mad at me for hitting him I can’t think of a better way to get back at me than to sleep with him,” I doubt Niall would do that, but if it would help set Harry at ease I would do it now.

        “Sure I’ll go talk to him. Harry maybe you should try talking to Amy don’t lecture her try to mend bonds,” I said as I got up to go find Niall. Wasn’t hard apparently he was still in the kitchen with Amy. “Niall can I talk to you?”

        “Um okay what’s up?” I sighed at him.

        “Can we talk alone?” I didn’t want to say it in front of Amy it was an awkward enough conversation. They both sat there waiting.

        “Fine but remember you chose not to talk alone,” I said as I scratched the back of my neck. “Okay so um seeing as you both seem determined to stay together despite the age difference so I figured I would like to point out that with that age difference you two can’t you know sleep together and I’m not saying that is just my opinion it is actually illegal so Amy you want to keep Niall out of jail Niall you don’t want to be the pretty boy in jail, no sex,” and with that I walked away.

Niall’s POV

        “That was the most awkward thing I am sorry I had you stay,” I can’t believe Louis just said all that. Amy didn’t say anything and she wouldn’t look me in the eye but I could tell her cheeks were red. I’m guessing mine are too. “Babe?”

        “Niall if its illegal for us to do that maybe the age difference is too much?” she still wouldn’t look at me and was playing with the hem of my shirt. When I looked down at her hands I couldn’t help but notice a tear fall leaving a mark on my shirt.

        “D-do you want to end this?” I didn’t like the idea and I didn’t like that she was doubting us. It actually kind of hurt… a lot.

        “I don’t know. No but I don’t want you to get in trouble,” her words were and weren’t reassuring.

        “Amy we can still be together we just can’t... you know. And thats fine I don’t think we should move that fast anyways, and if you really do want to do that well its only illegal till your birthday,” I didn’t know what she wanted or what to say to help to let me keep her. All I got was a nod before she got up off my lap and went to the bunks. Great without even trying Louis might have just broke us up.