Have Faith

“Amei-chan, you’re going to school now?” Teppei ran after Ame after seeing her walk pass their street alone. “Huh? Where’s Kyo? Why isn’t she with you?” Ame was playing on her PSP as usual and didn’t look away from it but answered the brunette.

“She went to school ahead of me. Said she had something to plan about”

“Oh, I see. Has your fever gone down now?”

“Do you think I’ll go to school if it didn’t?” Ame sassed and sighed. “I really wished it didn’t since I don’t want to go to school today”

“Don’t say that Amei-chan, many people missed you when you were absent” Teppei told her. She just gave him an unconvinced expression. “I highly doubt that, idiot”

“But it’s true” he insisted.

“Really? Like who?” Ame raised an eyebrow.

“Well, I missed you Amei-chan” Teppei gave her a smile and patted her head. “Uh” Ame just stared at him emotionlessly while he looked away while blushing. “A-And Riko said she missed you too! A-And the whole team!”

“What a miracle” Ame slapped his hand away and walked ahead.

“But it’s true Amei-chan. They even said they weren’t used to practice without you” Teppei cope up with her in walking.

“Whatever you say…”

“You know Amei-chan, I have a feeling that you don’t feel wanted at the team at all” Teppei stopped on his tracks and so did she, a few feet ahead of him. “But I should tell you that everyone sees you as a part of the team, so whatever happens….” He gave her that smile she was always annoyed. “They’ll treat you like family. That’s what a team is”

“A team huh…”

TIMESKIP~ At the gym~

“Senshinkan High huh?” Ame wondered as she and Riko planned for a strategy for the upcoming game they have. She rubbed her chin and seemed uninterested about the opponent. “No need for a strategy. You can beat them easily…” she waved her hand confidently.

“EH?!” Riko’s jaw dropped. “But Ame-san…”

“Don’t worry Coach, have faith in your team. They’ll be fine”

“But…”

“Just let get them to train hard, and everything’s gonna be fine”

“If you say so”

Ame’s POV

Coach seemed to be convinced so she proceeded in ordering the players in the training. “You seem to be confident on our next opponent” someone said from beside me. I turned to see Hyuga standing beside me. Wait, can I call him Junpei? T^T I’m not used in calling other people last names… “They defeated us twice now, you should know that”

“I know that, dumbass. I’ve been researching on that team since last night” I told him and pulled out the research papers. “Don’t think that I’m that useless as a strategist”

“Huh” Junpei looked at me startled as I slapped the papers at his face. I smirked at him as he pulled the papers away with a sour look. “Be confident for once, think that your team’s strong” I said and crossed my arms.

“I know that. I just don’t want to lose trice to that team” he admitted.

“Don’t worry, you won’t” I assured.

NEXT DAY~

“I told you” I gave Riko and Junpei a mocking look as they smirked at me. Like I said, they’ve won against Senshinkan and destroyed them, 17 points ahead. I looked over to the match beside ours and find out it was Makoto’s team that lost to Shutoku. Wait, where’s Makoto? Why isn’t he playing?