Chapter 1|Sleepovers

"Excuse me?!" Erza screamed to her parents, attracting attention to her table from people in the cafe.

"Erza, dear, I'm sorry. But your father and I have made up our mind."

"No, mom! You can't make me do this!" she shouted in desperation for it to be a lie.

"It's for our family's finance, Erza. The company is going down and we can't let it go bankrupt!" her father stressed out.

"And you don't have to worry about the boy! We chose the perfect one!" her mother said as if the teenager cared about that. Erza didn't like the idea of forced love at all, but her mother continued with praising whoever the boy was. "He's quite attractive, an intelligent boy-- he's also a gentleman from what I've heard. And he's your age!"

"Mom, please don't do this! You promised me when I was younger that I could make my own choices when it comes to marriage!" Erza reminded them.

"Things change and you have to understand that," replied her father. He couldn't deal with her right now, all he wanted was for her to agree to this and it would all end quicker.

"Alright, then," Erza got up, causing her chair to make a loud screeching sound. "I cannot believe you two, but I have places to be." Without a goodbye, she grabbed her bag and left the cafe. Her parents were upset, but what other reaction could they have expected from her after the news?

●●

"Erza let's go to Forever 21! I can't wait to check out the new dresses!" Lucy said with beaming excitement. She was always ready for new fashion trends.

After the incident, Erza decided to call her girlfriends for some girl time. She needed to let go off some steam and spending time with her friends has always helped

Arriving at the boutique, their other friend, Juvia, couldn't believe what she found. "Erza-San! Lucy-San! Look at this one!" she pointed at the dress on the mannequin with admiration.

Lucy gasped after her eyes landed on it. "It is so cute!" she complimented. "Erza should try it on. It would, without a doubt, look good on her," said Lucy before pushing Erza into the fitting room with the dress.

Not knowing what else to do, Erza decided that it wouldn't hurt to try it on.

Erza's Dress

She wasn't disappointed with the outcome at all

●●●

"Dear! This Sunday we're going to have a dinner meeting with the parents of the boy she chose for you," Erza's mother said specifically. "Wear a nice dress, okay?"