55. Horrid Hogwarts School Life

Scorpius' POV

"We should enforce some rules, like giving us permission to punish students," Casper said, "Maybe we could be allowed to take points and hand out detentions?"

I was currently seated in the Headmaster's office, having the pureblood meeting.

"Good idea," Leo said, "Any detentions you hand tell them to report to Draco at dinner time."

"Cool, first punishment is missing dinner," Orion said amusedly.

"Professors may be allowed to punish students however they want, especially students who disrespect us, alright?" Leo said.

The professors nodded, with Gemini having an evil glint in her eyes.

"Dark Squad, how are the houses?" Leo then asked, "Start with Slytherin."

"They are fine, the older ones are quite cool, but the younger ones, especially the 1st years are too cowardly," Violet shrugged.

Orion piped in, "I was just sneering and the first year looked like I was going to eat her."

"Well, at least they have respect. How are the lions then?"

"Too stupid," Anastasia commented, "They should be quaking in their dens but they are so into their bravery and think that they are the best."

"They do lack manners," Annabelle agreed.

I nodded, "They only have the brain capacity and emotional range of a teaspoon."

They laughed.

Dad raised his eyebrows at me, "Make sure to keep them in line."

"Of course."

"Hufflepuffs?" Leo prompted.

"Too cowardly," Cheyenne commented, "But other than that, they're fine."

"The ravies are smart, they know well enough to give us some respect," Casper said.

"Good."

"Should we hold some events, just for purebloods?" Alex asked.

"Hmm, I guess we can have pureblood balls," Leo said.

"For Halloween, maybe?" Cheyenne's eyes lit up.

I inwardly groaned, not another night with Violet.

"Cool, let's have a masquerade ball then," Leo said.

"No!" All the girls protested together.

"Why not?" Casper asked amusedly.

"Oh you not very well why, Casper. I hate corsets!" Cheyenne snapped.

"Well, it's not an official ball, let's just skip the corsets then. Go with any dress you want, just remember to put on the masks," Father said.

"Sure," Leo nodded. "Anything else?"

We shook our heads.

"Good. You all go and get some rest then," Father dismissed us.

"Wait, I think I forgot to mention something. Annabelle, bring the two Glaemnonia transfers to Draco's office tomorrow after breakfast. Make sure the Castillo girls know the rules of the school. Get a good eye on them, I hear they are quite close to the Pottys," Gemini said.

"Yes Gemini, I'll do that first thing in the morning."

I made a mental note to remind James tomorrow morning.

"Good. That's all I think. Remember to come here every week."

We filed out of the room one by one, the girls chatting about what they would wear at the ball. I would never understand how they could get so excited for a damn ball.

"That's only because you need to go with Violet. I remember you telling me what a great time you had at that Christmas Party at Albus', especially your dance with Lily," Anastasia whispered into my ear.

My face grew beet red as I half-glared at my sister.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
James' POV

Scorpius had told me that Gemini ordered Annabelle to escort Adeline and Eva to the Headmaster's Office first thing in the morning. He seemed a bit anxious at that. I, on the other hand, wasn't that worried, Annabelle was with them, and it's just uncle Draco, right?

But I was wrong. I finally knew why Scorpius was on-edge the whole morning.

Adeline told me later in the day that Leo and Gemini were also present at the Headmaster's Office. Though the brief meeting was overall okay. Uncle Draco simply told them all the rules and let them off shortly afterwards, with Gemini warning of the punishments with a quite threatening tone. Other than that there was nothing else.

Scorpius gave a sigh of relief after hearing that.

I had actually asked why they still changed schools to here. Glaemnonia is obvioisly a better choice for schooling, since it's not in the UK, it's relatively safer.

Turns out their father passed away when they were still very young. They lived with their mother at their grandparents. But as their grandparents passed away of old age a year before the Tournament, their mother wanted to go back to England, the place she grew up instead. Being a former Hogwarts student and daughter of Order members, their mother made the big decision of coming back to England despite the war and joined the Order.

In a way, I was glad that they came here, as I can be with Adeline. On the other hand, I was afraid they might get hurt.

Adeline assured me they would be fine, and told me to look at the brighter side of things. Sure enough, our relationship had grown in spite of these circumstances.

The Castillos have quickly become active members of both the Order and the DA, with Adeline and Eva giving us useful tips they learned in Glaemnonia as we practise in our DA meetings in the Room of Requirement.

The weather seemed colder than usual this year. The cheery mood of Hogwarts was gone, with no Quidditch matches, no Hogsmeade trips, and horrible lessons.

It was horrible to watch them do the Imperius Curse on Dominique so that she couldn't breath in Dark Arts, Gemini had punished her to be the dummy of Dark Arts for "disrupting" her Muggle Studies class by sneezing once.

I feel sick everytime when they use students as dummys for nasty curses, especially those from younger years. Unfortunately there was nothing we could do except for bringing them to the Room of Requirement so that Victoire could heal them. Yet the ban on healing has kept her from healing fully in order to keep this secret. It was not hard to see wounds on students' while walking down the halls, the only exception were Slytherins. The snakes were strutting around the school with their noses in the air constantly as if they owned the place.

I surely hope this would end soon.

Ok, so yes I know, this chapter is long overdue, sorry for the long wait. I hope you enjoyed it!!

Vote
Comment
Share

~L