5. First Day of School (2)

Albus, Scorpius, Rose and Molly walked back to the common room together, with Travis tailing behind, still talking nonstop. The four of them decided to ignore him, but Travis didn't notice, or, he didn't care. He just continued talking.

They reached The Fat Lady's portrait, "Sherbert Lemon!" said Molly, and the Fat Lady sprung forward to accept them.

"Oh my! I totally forgot the letter mum gave me this morning!" yelped Albus as he fished the letter out of his pocket.

"Aunt Ginny won't mind. She won't expect you to reply her during breakfast. Just write her a letter now," Molly said.

They sat at the corner and Albus read his letter:

Dear Albus,

How are you? Which house are you in? How's your first day? I hope it's been well at Hogwarts.

Dad's got an urgent call from the Ministry so he can't write to you tonight. Anyways, he's still anxious to know how you're doing at Hogwarts. Tell us everything, will you? Lily's also dying to know.

Please tell James that dad will bring his birthday present over in October when he goes to Hogwarts for Defence Against Dark Arts lectures.

By the way, how're Molly and Rose? Please reply when you can.

Best wishes,

Mum

1/9

Albus took out a piece of parchment and started writing.

Dear Mum,

I'm in Gryffindor and I'm having a great time. I'm now best friends with Molly, Rose and Scorpius.

Hogwarts is great! The classes are really nice, except for History of Magic, please don't be mad, but I nearly fell asleep. Scorpius woke me up. He's a very nice friend.

Oh, and can you teach me a way how to make people shut up without breaking the rules? We've got a very annoying classmate and we don't know how to make him shut up.

I think that's all for now. Write to you again soon.

Love,

Albus

2/9

The four of them went up to the owlery. Albus tied his letter to Oliver, and the tawny owl flew over the mountains and straight towards Number Twelve, Grimmaund Place, his home.