54. Potions, Dark Arts and Muggle Studies

Scorpius' POV

"Good morning, students," Nott stalked in, head high and smirking.

As a "special order" from dad, I am "ordered" to sit next to Al, to "keep an eye on him".

So now, I am sitting with Al in Potions lesson with the Ravenclaws, with Rose and Molly and aisle down.

"As you can see, I am your new Potions Professor. You will only address me as Professor Nott, or simply Professor, or sir," he continued, "I will not tolerate chatting in this class. You may only speak when I allow you to do so. You will do exactly as I say. Every single lesson you will be sitting in the same seat you are now. The one next to you will be your partner. Breaking the rules will result in a house point deduction of 50 points and 2 nights of detention. Is that clear?"

"Yes Professor," we chorused in a monotone.

"Open your books to page 105. We will be brewing the Confusing Concoction. Start brewing with your partner," he drawled.

Potions lesson went on. The potion was harder than what we did last year but we managed it fine.

"Pour your potions into a vial and hand it in now!" Nott barked.

I quickly took our vial and placed it in front of him and we left quickly.

"Well, that was okay," Molly commented.

"Yeah, I guess. Come on, let's head to Arithmancy," Al said.

"It's free period for me. I'll meet you guys for Muggle Studies then," Molly said and went back to the common room.

Arithmancy was quite fun. The Professor was really nice. She was really kind to us, but she was easily bad-tempered with Violet, who, unfortunately, took Arithmancy and I am forced to sit with her.

The whole lesson she has been asking me every single thing she could think of, chatting the whole lesson through a piece of parchment.
She asked me about the Gryffindors, asking why I hang out with them. I simply told her it was Leo's orders.

The chat just droned on, it was just small talk and super boring. That was until she asked me on a date.

My eyes widened slightly as I wrote on the parchment.

When? -S

This Saturday -V

A date around Hogwarts? Seriously, Violet, can you think of something that's not so cliché? -S

No, I asked Gemini, and she said we, members of the Dark Squad, are allowed to go to Hogsmeade whenever we want -V

Hogsmeade? -S

Yep -V

I stared at the parchment. A whole day spent with Violet, great. But I cannot raise suspicion, and I am confident that Al and the others would believe me even if I go on the date, but the Snakes might not believe me anymore if I refuse. I sighed silently and wrote on the parchment.

Sure, meet you at the Entrance Hall at 8 after breakfast? -S

Great :) -V

This double agent thingy is going to drive me crazy.

~~~~~~~~~~
Albus' POV

"You are going on a date with pug-face?" Rose said, astonished, "I mean, we all know you hate her, why would you agree to go?"

"Keep the act up. Leo and Rodolphus would get suspicious," Scorp answered.

We were walking down the corridor to our Muggle Studies lesson and Scorp was telling us about the date he'll have with Violet on Saturday.

"Ditching us, huh," I said jokingly.

"Maybe," he said, amused.

Gemini then opened the classroom door and ordered us in.

"Class, I am Professor Black. Welcome to your first Muggle Studies class. You already know the rules from Professor Nott, and I expect you to follow them as well in my class. The board states who your partner is. Now sit according to your partners!" she ordered.

I stared at the board.

Scorpius Malfoy - Albus Potter

Violet Goyle - Rose Weasley

Orion Nott - Travis Meyer

Serenity Nicholson - Molly Weasley

...

Violet and Serenity were smirking, obviously pleased with their partners. Rose's face was cold as ice. Molly threw me a desperate glance as she went to sit with Serenity. I moved to sit next to Scorpius. Violet had pulled him in a seat so that he was only an aisle away from her, seperating Rose and me. I noticed Scorpius had put his "pureblood face" on, as we now call it.

Muggle Studies was super boring, the whole lesson, Gemini was talking about how muggle borns are filth, and so on.

I can't wait for the lesson to end.

~~~~~~~~~~
Rose's POV

That bitch! She deliberately paired Violet and I in one group. Pug-face annoys me a lot, she is absolutely deranged. She was drawing pictures the whole lesson detailing how to kill a muggle born, and it's disgusting.

We headed to lunch after Muggle Studies.

Fortunately for lunch, the Death Eaters aren't there, so we are able to have lunch in peace. I trudged to Dark Arts with Al and Molly. Another damn lesson with the snakes. Scorpius had left earlier, having a brief meeting with the Dark Squad.

"Oh look, the petty lions are here!" Orion Nott exclaimed as we neared.

The Slytherins roared with laughter, Scorpius had put on his damn "pureblood face" again, and he was laughing along, though I can see he looked apologetic through his eyes.

"Class, in," Professor Whitney slammed the door open.

"You will be sitting with your partners, which are the same as Muggle Studies," he smirked.

I swallowed a snarl as pug-face yanked me into the seat beside her. I glared at her as she sneered at me.

"Weaslette! Stop glaring!" Whitney barked.

"Yes sir," I replied.

"Ten points from Gryffindor."

Pug-face smirked.

I can't wait to get a shot at her.

"Class, today we will start with the Dark Arts spell book. Open your textbook to page 20."

He then talked about a few dark arts spell, and actually performed then on a spider. I winced as he easily cast the spell like he was having fun.

The lesson finally ended, after an hour, and I couldn't be more glad.