31. Diagon Alley

Third person POV

It was several weeks since the children spent a week at Malfoy Manor. Even the Pureblood Party had passed.

They all received their Hogwarts letters and were ready to go to Diagon Alley.

Roxanne, unfortunately, didn't become Head Girl. But she was still a prefect. Louis became a prefect as well.

Scorpius had owled Albus and ask if he could go with them with Annabelle, Astoria would take them there. Albus replied yes immediately, telling him all the Weasleys along with Suzanne will be there as well.

They were now at the Leaky Cauldron which connects the muggle world and Diagon Alley. Teddy and Victoire came as well. The two of them were now officially dating. Fred came over from Weasleys Wizard Wheezes, he was now working there, and George plans to have him take over the shop when he retires.

After some chatting, they went to Madame Malkins first, where Lucy and Annabelle will get their first ever Hogwarts uniform, while some others need new ones, as theirs were too small.

Astoria then took Annabelle and Lucy to Olivanders, while the parents went to Flourish and Blotts. The children meanwhile went to Apothecary to refill the potion ingredients.

They gathered outside the Leaky Cauldron. Annabelle and Lucy had bought pets as well. Annabelle bought a baby snowy owl, while Lucy, like her sister, bought a gray tabby cat named Smoky. It was a tom though. Secretly, Lucy want the two cats to have kittens themselves. She loved cats.

The gang were about to go when they bumped into none other than Neville and Luna Longbottom, with their children, Frank and Alice Longbottom.

The Potters and Weasleys said hello to them. Scorpius, meanwhile, was a bit surprised but said hello all the same.

"So, Neville, Frank's going to Hogwarts this year?" Ginny asked.

"Yes, but we were hoping he would be in Ravenclaw instead," Luna answered.

"But why?" Ron asked.

"That's because I'm Head of Gryffindor House. People might think I'll favour him since he's my son," Neville said.

"I see. So how are our kids doing?" Hermione asked.

"Wonderful. Good grades and good behavior," Neville said.

"Glad to hear it," Hermione said.

"Uncle Neville, is it true that Professor Sinistra is retiring?" James asked.

"Why yes, James, why would you ask?" Neville said.

"Well, I'll miss my Astronomy teacher," James sighed.

"Who would be the new deupty Headmaster then?" Molly asked.

"You'll see next week," Neville smiled.

After some more chatting, Neville left with his family, the adults took the children back to the Burrow. After that, Bill, Percy, George, Angelina, Ron, and Fred went back to work, promising Mrs Weasley to come back for dinner.

Mrs Weasley kindly invited Astoria for dinner, which Astoria happily accepted. She also invited Draco and the Zabini's.

Mr and Mrs Weasley, Fleur, Audrey, Hermione, Harry, Ginny and Astoria sat in the living room and chatted. The children went upstairs to talk about their holidays.

Everyone was dying to know about Scorpius and Annabelle's week with their partners. Scorpius had told Albus the next day after he knew, and they shared this news with the other Weasley cousins. He even finally told Albus the truth, it wasn't Lucius Malfoy who ordered the arranged marriage, it was Rodolphus Lestrange.

Albus was the first to ask, "So mate, how was your week with Violet? And yours, Annabelle?"

Scorpius shivered, "Horrible."

Annabelle put a disgusting look on her face, "The Morgan Manor was creepy, and it seems like that Morgan bitch couldn't keep his hands to himself for an hour."

Scorpius continued, "Violet was so annoying that I really want to slap her. She just keeps flirting non-stop. I was so happy when she left."

"Nott was better. Seems like Anastasia's time there wasn't so bad," Annabelle said.

"But not good either," Scorpius pointed out.

"True, Scorp, true," Annabelle sighed.

"What about the party?" Rose asked.

"It was okay," Scorpius started.

"It wasn't! I keep tripping on my dress!" Annabelle exclaimed.

"Why didn't you wear a cocktail dress like Anastasia then?" Scorpius exclaimed.

"Mum didn't let me! She said I'm too old to wear a cocktail dress! Long dresses are more formal! I told her Anastasia could wear cocktail dress and she said Anastasia would have to wear long dresses after her birthday!" Annabelle said.

"So girls older than 10 have to wear long dresses? Seriously? You guys have a lot of rules!" James exclaimed.

"But I hate them," Scorpius and Annabelle said simultaneously. Everyone burst out laughing.

Draco, Anastasia, Blaise and Endeavour arrived at half past six. Anastasia joined her brother upstairs, while the remaining three joined in the conversation going on in the living room.

Dinner started at seven. Bill and those who went to work after going to Diagon Alley showed up right before seven. Even Charlie came.

They had a nice dinner. Mrs Weasleys cooking was as good as ever. Ron still ignored Draco but Draco pretended not to notice. The other Weasleys, meanwhile were all nice to the Malfoys and Zabinis. Hermione invited Suzanne to stay at her place for the rest of the week before the go back to Hogwarts. Everyone bid their goodbyes and went back to their own place.