52. Is this still Hogwarts?

Albus' POV

I can never ever believe this is still Hogwarts. Even the Hogwarts Express has the dreary air around it. The cheerful aura was all gone.

Filch stared at us coldly as we passed the gates, though I sensed some triumphant in him. I guess the Death Eaters were nice to him. I remember mum telling me that Filch more than once sided with the bad guys.

Scorpius and the Annas had went forward, having privileges in the school as they are part of the Dark Squad.

We were splitted into lanes according to our years, a Death eater would order us to state our name and house, then search out trunks and belongings. I inwardly groaned as we realized our year was being searched by none other than Gemini Lestrange. No, it's Gemini Black now.

"Albus Potter, Gryffindor," I said when it was our turn.

"Oh look!" she smirked, "The son of the Chosen One!"

I glared at her. I think Gemini was about to slap me when Rose saved me.

"Rose Weasley, Gryffindor."

"Blood traitor Weasley. How's your pathetic mudblood mother? And that little mudblood friend of yours?" she sneered.

"How dare you!" Rose shouted, seething. She lunged at Gemini but I pulled her back.

"Al, let me go!"

"Rose!"

"She was insulting our family and friends!"

"Now's not the time!" I said. I was actually fuming myself, though I simply prefer not to get into trouble on the first day.

Gemini smacked Rose hard on the face. "You will show us some respect!" By now even I was having some trouble of self-controlling.

Gemini simply smirked and called, "Scorpius!"

"What is it, Gemini?" he came out sneering. I must say, he looked and sounded like a bitch.

"Take Potty and Weaslette to your father. They shall learn some respect."

He raised his eyebrows, "What did these filths do now?"

I shot daggers at him, but his gaze remained cold as he stared at us.

"Oh, they just couldn't stand a little insult. They obviously didn't know who's boss around here. Maybe you and your father could teach them a lesson or two. After all, you are responsible for the petty lions," Gemini said.

He nodded. "Annabelle!"

"You called, Scorpius?" Annabelle stalked up to us through the crowd with her head high. "Gemini, the lions don't know the world has changed already, do they?"

"Naturally."

Annabelle gave a small laugh, "I'll take Weaslette. You take Potty, Scorpius." She grabbed Rose and started walking towards the Headmaster's Office.

He nodded and pulled me away, following Annabelle and Rose.

Only when we were safe in the Headmaster's Office did he slackened his grip on me.

"What did you think you were doing? Getting into trouble with Gemini on the very first day!" he said angrily.

"He was insulting aunt Hermione and Suzzy!" I retorted.

"You should have expected that. You know how they are towards muggleborns. You two are lucky she sent us to get you here. Uncle Draco won't do anything. But next time she might decide to punish you herself. You won't get away with that easily. She's the deputy Headmistress, and the wife of Leo. Even uncle Draco can't control her," Annabelle said, "We can't always save you. If Gemini reports to Leo, we'll all be dead. So do us a favour and try not to get into trouble."

"Fine," Rose gave an exaperated sigh.

"Sorry. To you two, not to them," I said.

"Right, stay here. I think we are actually needed in the feast. I'll sneak in some food for you two later, Annabelle?"

That's when I noticed Annabelle was frowning. "Did you happen to sneak in some bruise paste?"

"Yes, why ask?"

"That's going to bruise," she said, pointing to Rose's cheek.

Scorpius and I looked at it carefully. "Did Gemini smack you?" he asked.

"Yeah, she did," Rose said, "That bitch."

"I can't wait to get a shot at her. Oh Merlin, I hate her," Annabelle exclaimed.

Suddenly, a burst of green fire appeared at the fire place, and aunt Astoria came out.

"Merlin! Mother! For a moment I thought it was Leo!" Scorpius exclaimed.

"Off you go, Scorp and Annabelle. I'll look after Albus and Rose. They know I'll come today," aunt Astoria ushered them away.

After they left, she turned to us, "I'm sorry, I know you guys would like to stick together, but they are needed at the feast so they must leave. Why are you two here?"

"Got into some trouble with Gemini," I sighed.

"She insulted Suzanne and your families?"

"Yes."

Aunt Astoria proceeded to examine Rose's bruising cheek, "I'm afraid there isn't much I could do. They have a ban on healing. But putting a little bruise paste on would ease it."

"Thanks aunt Astoria."

"No problem."