32. The Triwizard Tournament

Third person POV

It wasn't long before it was a new year for the students at Hogwarts. Little did they knew it would be a very special year.

Albus, Scorpius, Rose, Molly and Suzanne sat in the same compartment. Their siblings and cousins were nearby.

"Did you guys bring your brooms?" Scorpius asked suddenly.

"Yeah I did. Dad keeps telling me and James it won't be necessary but we still brought it," Albus said, "He says there would be no Quidditch."

"Mum said that too," Rose said.

"I do hope there's Quidditch," Scorpius sighed, "Anyway what brooms have you guys got?"

"Well I got a Firebolt 204 for birthday," Albus said, a bit embarassed.

"Cool! Dad bought me a Firebolt 201 last year. I brought it with me this year!" Scorpius said.

"I got Cleansweep 311," Rose said, "Suzzy do you like flying on a broom?"

"No, I hate it. I'm scared of heights," Suzanne answered.

"Same here!" Molly said.

They chatted for the whole train ride. This year, instead of taking the boats with Hagrid, they rode the carriages to the castle.

They cheered for every single student who was sorted into Gryffindor. Lucy Weasley, was of course sorted into Gryffindor. Frank Longbottom, however, was also sorted into Gryffindor instead of Ravenclaw as his parents hoped. Annabelle Zabini, too, was sorted into Gryffindor, much to everyone's surprise.

Scorpius was happy for his cousin, glad that she could escape the wrath of those purebloods, just like him.

The purebloods, meanwhile, were fuming. Phineas was muttering about Malfoys and Zabinis and blood traitors, the Whitney twins were muttering curse words at the Sorting Hat, Barthelomew looked like he could kill a thousand people, and the others were glaring at either Annabelle, the professors or the Sorting Hat.

After the Sorting, Professor Flitwick stood up and gave his speech. He started by announcing the staff and the Head Prefects. Neville became the new deputy Headmaster, the youngest deputy Headmaster ever. The new Astronomy teacher was Professor Schneider, he was a former Hogwarts student, and was a former Ravenclaw. Hufflepuff has a new Head of House. The Head Boy was Raymond McKenzie from Ravenclaw, while the Head Girl was Catrina Golden from Hufflepuff.

He next went on about the rules, it was still the very same rules, the Forbidden Forest out of bounds, no magic at the corridors, and no Weasley's Wizard Wheezes products.

Then, he explained something unexpected by all the students, "This year, is a very special year. Quidditch matches are cancelled," Professor Flitwick started.

Groans and mutters were heard everywhere. It was a while before the whole hall was silent again. Professor Flitwick waited patiently for the groans to subside, he knew perfectly that Quidditch was very important to the students.

"Our school will be holding a very special event, it's the Triwizard Tournament!" he announced.

The students were now whispering excitedly. Everyone was imagining what would happen during the tournament. No Quidditch during the year seemed unimportant now.

"Last time the games were held, there were only three schools. This year, we will have five schools!" Professor Flitwick announced this excitedly in his squeaky voice.

"The games are organized by the Department of Law Enforcement and would be supervised by the Auror Office. Mrs Hermione Weasley and Mr Harry Potter has the details," Professor Flitwick announced this and sat down. Hermione and Harry smiled at the professor and walked up the podium.

"Mum is organizing this whole thing?" Rose asked.

"I think so. Aunt Hermione is the Head of the department after all," Scorpius said.

"No wonder dad said there would be no Quidditch. He must have known, being Head of the Auror Office," Albus said.

Meanwhile at other House tables, people were whispering.

"Oh my gosh, is that THE Hermione Granger and THE Harry Potter?"

"Are we meeting two of the Golden Trio in one day?"

"Oh my! I'm meeting the Golden Trio!"

The Weasleys, Potters, Scorpius, Annabelle and Suzanne heard all this and laughed.

"Thank you Professor Flitwick. As he said, Hogwarts would be the host of the Triwizard Tournament. Five schools will be participating, including Hogwarts. The other four schools will be arriving at October 1. Now the four schools are, Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, the two old ones, of course. And the two new schools, Glaemnonia Institute of Witchcraft from Germany and Sikrorth Academy Of Wizardry from Italy. 5 champion teams will compete in the tournament, 1 team from each of the participating schools. They will be marked on how well they perform each of the Tournament tasks and the champion with the highest total after task 3 will win the Triwizard Cup. The champions will be chosen by an impartial selector: the Goblet of Fire. Anybody wishing to submit themselves as champions must write their names and school clearly upon a slip of parchment and drop it into the goblet. Aspiring champions have twenty-four hours in which to put their names forward. The Goblet will be placed here on 13 October 12:00 till 14 October 12:00. On the 20 October, the goblet will return the names of the 5 teams it has judged most worthy to represent their schools. The first task will be on 17 November," Hermione started.

Harry continued, "This time, it will be a bit different from the previous ones. In the previous ones, 1 person represents the whole school, but this year, 2 people will be representing the school and competing as a team."

Whispers were everywhere. It was a really exciting piece of news for the students.

Hermione then announced, "To enter, you'll have to be 16 or above. To ensure no one can cheat their way in the Tournament, we would be drawing an age line, and a professor or an auror will be guarding it as well. The Yule Ball will be held at Christmas Eve and will be opened for all students."

"That's all for now," Harry said, and both he and Hermione left the podium.

"Thank you Harry and Hermione. Now let the feast begin!" Professor Flitwick said.

The students ate happily, chatting thrillingly about the Tournament.

After the feast, the students went to bed.

Start of a new school year! So I'll be back at school on Monday so I may not be able to update that often. Sorry!