❤ Chapter 1 ❤

YN = Your Name

*YN's POV*

YN: *sigh* It's gonna be the worst day ever.

I groaned and got off my bed when my alarm clock rang loudly. There I was, the new neighbour who just moved to Stratford from _______ (whichever place you're from). The worse part was that I'm starting a new school today, and I hate it when I couldn't see my best friends anymore.

Mom: YN! Go get ready for school! You don't wanna be late on your first day of school, do you?

I could hear my mom yelling from the kitchen downstairs.

YN: Okay, Mom.

I rolled my eyes and lazily tidied my bed. I grabbed my towel and got into the shower room to take a shower. After that, I got out and wore a shirt with a Superman logo and wore a pair of skinny jeans. Memories started flooding in when I wear these clothes.

Best friends: Promise that we will always wear this Superman shirt together to school?

All of us hold up the same Superman shirts that we just bought from the DC Comics shop.

All: Promise!

I smiled when I remembered how my best friends and I would agree to wear the same Superman shirt whenever we go to elementary school. It was an amazing moment back then.

I sighed and shed a tear but I quickly wiped it away. We will still be able to communicate with each other again, right?

I walked down the stairs and entered the kitchen. When I stepped into the kitchen, both of my parents turned their heads to face me and smiled.

Parents: Good morning, YN.

YN: Morning, mom and dad.

My mom served scrambled egg that she had just cooked for me. I took a seat across my dad and ate my food while drinking Milo.

Father: You seem quiet today.

I just kept quiet and continued eating my food. I heard him sigh and from the corner of my eye, he seemed to be eye contacting with my mom.

Mother: YN, we moved here because your father and I got promoted to a better job. You know that with better jobs, we will have better lives. I know that you miss your good friends from your old school but today will be your chance to make new friends.

I looked up to face my mom and she was looking at me with a serious look. I sighed while nodding my head.

YN: I'll try, mom. I'll try.

I forced a smiled, making both my parents smile back as well. I looked at my watch and saw that it was already 7 in the morning. School starts at 8am and I still had to register my name in.

Father: I'll send you to middle school and accompany you for a while before I go to work. Is that fine with you?

YN: Yeah. Lemme grab my backpack first.

I ran to my room, grabbed my backpack and wore my Converse sneakers before leaving my house.

YN: Bye, mom.

Mother: Bye, sweetie. Have fun on your first day of school.

My dad kissed my mom goodbye and we got out of the house. My father's car was already parked outside and my dad got into the driver's seat while I sat at the passenger seat beside him.

During the entire car ride, my dad had been trying to get me into conversations but I just replied him with one-word answers. I wasn't in the mood for this. I was feeling sad, angry and nervous all at the same time.