Chapter 25

“What are you doing?” I shouted. “We’re in a mall! Stop it!” No amount of my protesting could pull the two boys apart. They kept at it and I could see a little drop of blood on the ground.

“Security!” An Auntie Anne’s worker shouted. That word seemed to be magic because upon hearing it, Wyatt and Chase sprang apart. There was a split second where they glared at each other intensely, before mall security started to arrive.

“Where’s the fight?” a large mall cop shouted as he bounded down the hall.

“Run!” I yelled at the two boys. We sprinted to the parking lot as though a pack of rabid wolves were after us.

“To my car!” Wyatt shouted as we got outside. “This way!” When we got to Wyatt’s car, Chase and I clambered into the back and Wyatt sped out of there like there was no tomorrow. After we got out of the mall parking lot and safely away from the cops, we all took a deep breath.

“That was close,” Wyatt breathed. “We cool man?” he asked Chase.

“Sure whatever,” Chase muttered. I was busy catching my breath when the realization dawned on me.

“Turn around!” I shouted.

“What? Why?” Wyatt asked.

“We forgot Kayla!” I yelled at him. Wyatt jerked the car towards the shoulder of the road, causing me to slam into Chase, and halted the car.

“How do you forget a person like that?” he asked me.

“You were the ones who had to start a mall fight! We wouldn’t have had to run if you hadn’t acted like testosterone infused boys!” I shouted at him, now turn around and get Kayla!”

“Uh Chas, we are testosterone filled guys, it was bound to happen eventually,” Chase said as he held a hand up to his nose.

“Well you could have at least waited,” I grumbled. “Oh my God you’re bleeding!” I gasped when I realized why he was holding his hand up.

“It’s nothing, just a little blood,” Chase shrugged.

“Just a little…you’re insufferable,” I sighed.

“New vocabulary huh?” Wyatt chuckled from the front seat.

“Just get driving,” I snapped at him. “And give us some tissues.”

“There should be a box on the floor,” he shrugged as he started the car back up. “And didn’t Kayla drive you guys here? She can drive herself back.”

“Why don’t you just shut up and drive, huh?” I asked him. I was getting sick of his attitude and I was about to slap him.

He shook his head and looked at me in the rearview mirror. “What am I going to do with you Chas?” I decided not to respond, but to turn towards the window, lean back and go to sleep.

“Way to ditch me you guys!” Kayla shouted as she got into the passenger seat, rudely awakening me from my nap. “Seriously! Who does that?”

“Hey, I was the one that remembered you!” I groaned. I tried to get up but I found myself trapped under Chase’s arm. He had fallen asleep as well and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t get him off. “Uh, how did this happen?” I asked. Kayla shrugged and assisted me in getting his arm off.

“Don’t change the subject though! I can’t believe you guys left me here! I came to the food court and there was talk of some fight, and how the people ran away!”

“Oh calm down Kayla,” I sighed. “We came back for you.”

“Uh, hate to interrupt ladies, but where’s the car you guys came in?” Wyatt asked.

“Right outside of Macy’s,” Kayla answered him.

“Thank you,” Wyatt said and started to drive to where Kayla had parked the car. “Now what do you guys want to do?”

I want to go home, I’ve been here for a day and I’m sick of this place,” I groaned.

“You can’t leave yet! You’ve only been here for a day and a half!” Wyatt protested. You haven’t even seen the best of what Denver has to offer!”

“I have to say, I’m kind of tired of this place too,” Kayla agreed. “Besides, it’s not like you won’t see us for a while, you’re moving in like five days.”

“I guess that’s true,” Wyatt said. “Well here’s Macy’s, I guess I’ll see you guys in five days.”

“Don’t remind me,” I groaned under my breath as I shook Chase awake. “Chase! Get up!” I shouted in his ear.

“Flying monkey bananas!” he shouted, half asleep. “Oh, did I fall asleep?”

“Yeah, come on, we’re leaving,” I told him, and shoved him out of the car. He and Kayla walked away and left me alone with Wyatt.

“Hey Chas?” Wyatt asked as I was about to get out.

“Yeah?” I asked him, stopping as I turned to face him.

“Before you go, I need to tell you something,” he said, keeping himself faced forward. He had unbuckled and was looking at me through his rearview mirror.

“Then tell me, I don’t have all day.”

“Well the thing is…” he said, turning around in his seat. “It’s more of me taking back what I’ve said.”

“I don’t get it,” I replied in a confused tone.

“When we broke up, I didn’t want it to end like that,” he told me. “I really liked you Chas, but my friends bothered me about you day in and day out. All of these girls at my school tried to convince me that they were the ones that I should be with, not some ‘nerd from the Springs’.” He explained. “Their words not mine,” he added on quickly.

“Get to the point Wyatt,” I said, my voice quivering as I spoke. I didn’t like where this was headed, and I knew that if I let him go on I would start crying.

“I guess what I’m trying to say is, I know that you don’t forgive me, but I know that you still like me. And I know that I won’t be moving for another five days, but I’m asking you now because if I don’t, I think your friends will try and convince you otherwise,” he rambled.

“Get to it Wyatt!” I snapped.

“All right, all right,” he said defensively. “Look, I’m going to just come right out and ask it, even though I know it’s going to be weird and I probably won’t get the answer I want.” What he said next, I was totally unprepared for, and I was stunned into silence all from one small question. “Chas, in five days, will you be my girlfriend? Again?”

**A/N: THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING SO PATIENT!!! I FINALLY POSTED IT!!! YAY!!! I'm going to be brief. PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE!!! I've said it before and I'll say it again, your support means THE WORLD to me! I love reading your comments and it makes me feel good inside! So COMMENT!!!

Song: What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction <3 them!!

Picture: TBA

Dedication: To yami_PR for being an awesometastic drama buddy lol :) this will be fun to talk about tomorrow

READ VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!!!