Chapter 20

“There you are! What happened to you?” Kayla asked me as she came out of nowhere.

“What happened? You ditched me, that’s what happened!” I shouted back at her.

“I didn’t ditch you! I was here, turned my head for one second, and when I looked back you were gone!” she protested.

“Liar! I did the same thing and you had disappeared!”

“Whatever, it’s been an hour and I just sent Wyatt upstairs to look for you,” Kayla sighed. “We had better find him.”

“Wait, Wyatt was upstairs?” I asked her incredulously.

“Yeah why?” she asked.

“I was just up there, some stranger came up to me and…well he was acting really weirdly,” I said. “Nah, it couldn’t have been…”

“What couldn’t have been?” Kayla asked, bringing it to my attention that I had said that last part out loud.

“Huh? Oh, nothing,” I said as I covered up my speculations.

“What happened up there?” Kayla pestered me.

“Nothing of importance, just some stranger came up to me, talked about how I had ‘the light’ in my eyes, and not to lose it,” I responded. “He was probably just a nutcase, nothing to worry about.”

“Nutcase is one word for him…” Kayla mumbled just low enough for me not to hear her.

“What?” I asked her.

“Huh? Oh nothing,” she said, shrugging it off. “Hey look, it’s Wyatt! Wyatt! Over here! I found her!”

He turned his head in the direction of Kayla’s voice and lit up when he saw me. “There you are,” he said as he sauntered over to us. “Where have you been? I’ve been looking all over this place for you!”

“I was preoccupied,” I answered with narrowed eyes. I still didn’t trust Wyatt, regardless of what he said.

“With what?” he asked.

“What were you doing when you aid you had ‘business’ to take care of?” I asked him in response, being sure to add air quotes around ‘business’.

“Exactly that, business, my friend and I help out here sometimes,” he replied coolly. I could with just a look that he had lied to me, and made a pact with myself to find out as much as I could about him before he moved by me.

“Uh huh, sure,” I said warily.

“What? You don’t believe me?” he asked.

“What reason do I have to believe you? You’re the liar here, Wyatt,” I responded in a grave voice.

“Okay, so maybe I’m lying, but you probably don’t actually want to know what I do in there,” he smirked as he leaned forward, only a few inches from my face.

“Or maybe I do,” I responded as I gave him a little shove back, and away from me.

“If you really wanna know, come with me,” he said as he grabbed my wrist and pulled me to the back room that he had disappeared into before.

“What am I? Chopped liver?” Kayla shouted at us.

“We’ll be right back!” Wyatt called up. “Actually, you go have fun, don’t wait for us!” We arrived at the door, and he opened it slowly. Behind it was a dark room that you couldn’t see two inches into. He pulled me into it with him and shut the door behind him.

“Well are you gonna turn on the lights?” I asked after I realized how squished we actually were inside of the room. We were face to face, or in my case, face to chest, and I could feel myself against the wall.

“Nah, I like it better in the dark,” he said and I could feel him chuckling. “Harder for the monsters to see you.”

“Harder for you to see the monsters,” I countered.

“Wow Chas, you really haven’t changed at all,” he told me in a hushed voice.

“Is there a point to this? If you haven’t noticed, we’re pretty enclosed inside of here,” I told him impatiently.

“We aren’t that enclosed,” he chuckled. He laughed and I felt him lift his right arm to the wall opposite the door and feel around for a bit. “Can I ask you something, before I show you what I do in here?” he asked me.

“That depends on the question,” I told him.

“Don’t worry, it’s very PG, that I can assure you,” he chuckled.

“Then go ahead, I guess,” I responded.

“Do you still like me?” he asked, very quietly, so that I had to strain to hear him. “And please, answer me honestly, I need to know.”

“I-I…” I trailed off and sighed. “I don’t know, you really hurt me, Wyatt. I don’t know if I can trust you anymore.”

“Just give me an answer, Chas. I really want to know,” he said. I could feel the stress he put into the words, and I didn’t know if I could keep lying to myself any longer. Yeah, I didn’t trust him, but did I like him?

“I-I think so,” I managed to answer. “But I’m not sure…” I trailed off. ‘Maybe I should tell him about the lie that Chase and I were dating, it would maybe help me out here…’ I thought to myself.

“How about I help you become sure?” he asked me.

“How are you going to do that?” I asked in response. “I don’t want to get hurt again, and if not dating you will prevent it from happening, then I’ll do it, I will. And I absolutely will not kiss you,” I added on to be clear.

“Well see…being it’s Christmas time and all, you kind of have to…” he said.

“What are you—,” I started but I was cut off by the sharp flash of light as he illuminated the tiny room we were in.

“Look up,” he said after I regained my vision and glared at him.

“Oh hell no,” I groaned as I came face to face with a mistletoe.

**A/N: OMFG 20 CHAPTERS AND STILL GOING STRONG!!! It's winter break and I'm going on vacation to visit my friend who moved away, idk if I'll be able to write so think of this as your Christmas/Kwanza/Hanukka gift :) Happy Holidays

Now, for the theories I recieved last chapter (The very FEW theories if I might add), all of you stuck with the theory that the stranger was from the future, I'm not gonna tell you who was right, and I won't pick the best, at least, not yet. So if you posted a theory, you're okay, but this chapter, I want you to come up with one if you didn't or another one if you already did, the more outragous and the funnier it is, the more likely I will pick it for the next chapter dedication AND a promotion on the next chapter.

As for the details of THIS chapter:

Song- Mistletoe Cover by Charlie Puth (I LOVE THIS GUY!!!)

Picture- HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! (Gush at the adorable penguin! Just gush!!)

Dedication: Vampire_Me cus I loveee herrrr too <333

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!