Chapter 19

“Wyatt! Over here!” Kayla called as she and I stepped out of the car. We had pulled up in front of the address that Wyatt had given us and it seemed to be a very shady part of town. It wasn’t just the December air that made me shiver, something about that place wasn’t right.

“Hello ladies, how are you doing this fine evening?” he asked us as he came over to the car.

“Great!” Kayla chirped.

“Decent,” I grunted at the same time.

“Someone doesn’t seem too excited,” Wyatt mocked. “Well lighten up, tonight’s gonna be great. I’ve got your IDs right here, and we can just go in.” He handed us two Colorado driver’s licenses with our pictures and fake details.

“Ew, I look fat,” Kayla grumbled at the picture.

“It isn’t even you,” I chuckled and took a look at mine. “Uh, Wyatt, last I checked I do not look 130 pounds,” I grimaced as I read the weight.

“It was the best that I could do,” he shrugged. “Now, are you ready to have the time of your life?” he asked and took my hand.

“Not necessarily…” I said and trailed off as he pulled me to what looked like an abandoned building.

He bent down and put his lips to my ear. “Are you sure?” he whispered, causing a shiver to roll down my spine.

“N-no,” I stuttered. ‘Dammit!’ I mentally reprimanded myself.

“Don’t be afraid Chas,” he whispered again. “I’ll be by your side the whole night.”

“I-I don’t w-want th-that,” I stuttered again as I tried to keep myself mentally in check.

“You don’t seem to believe yourself, are you sure that’s what you really want?” he asked me. He kept his voice low so that only I could hear him, and drew me in with each word.

“Yes,” I said, though, it came out as more of a question, and I could tell he didn’t believe it.

“Oh Chas, you haven’t changed a bit,” he chuckled as he dragged me into the building. The second we got inside; I learned that its exterior had proven to be misleading. The lights and pounding music overwhelmed my senses and I felt a little lightheaded.

“Identification please,” the bouncer asked us.

“Right here,” Wyatt smirked and handed him his fake ID. I slid mine onto the little counter and Kayla’s appeared next to mine. The bouncer looked at me, and then back to my ID for several moments.

“All good,” he said, handing them back to us. “Wrists please.” I held up my wrist and he rolled up my jacket sleeve, stamped it, did the same for Wyatt and Kayla, and let us through.

“That was almost too easy,” Kayla said warily.

“What can I say? I have great connections,” Wyatt smirked. “It’s eight o’clock now, what do you say we split up and then meet back up here in a half an hour? I have some…business to take care of.”

“Wait! You just can’t leave us!” I protested.

“Relax Chas, it isn’t that hard to figure out,” Wyatt chuckled.

“What if we get lost, huh?” I asked him.

“Seriously Chas? We’re big girls, we won’t get lost,” Kayla snorted.

“But still!” I responded.

“You’ll be fine,” Wyatt reassured me. “Oh and if you want a drink you’ll be carded, so don’t lose those IDs!” he shouted as he walked away.